NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

An Apprentice's Journey

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one StressFreeTrader with 17 posts (14 thanks)
    2. looks_two rintin2x with 2 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 2 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one rintin2x with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two JonnyBoy with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 DreamerJ with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 StressFreeTrader with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 4,084 views
    2. thumb_up 21 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 22 posts
    2. attach_file 13 attachments

Search this Thread

An Apprentice's Journey

StressFreeTrader
Phoenix, AZ/USA

Thanks Given: 197
Thanks Received: 31

Last week was not as fruitful as the week before but overall I am still positive.

What did I learn?
  • I need to be better about keeping my journal!
  • Going against the major trade bias is dangerous - I need to work on that!
  • Not to trade when I am too sleepy!
  • Let your trades play out - I closed 2 trades early the other day and both would have worked out

What did I do right?
  • Kept my losses pretty small
  • I am getting better about seeing the setups
  • I did better on my morning prep

What can I do to improve?
  • I really need to make some time to spend practicing on market replay!!!

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
static margin on the right side of a chart
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Funded Trader platforms
17 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
15 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
15 thanks
The Trading Pit "Futures VIP" Account Journal
13 thanks
Trading with Intuition
12 thanks
StressFreeTrader
Phoenix, AZ/USA

Let's see I tried 2 trades early on today and neither of them followed thru and I ended up closing each out for about $30. Not worth the picture tonight. However, this evening I decided to trade and I missed the open but did manage to get into a trade. However, it was a real battle! Based on the open being so strong I thought the market would keep moving for a deeper retracement. I put in 3 orders because I wasn't real sure how price action might move. I wanted to put the first order where the 2nd one was at but was afraid that I might miss out on the trade altogether as I was reading a 2nd attempt short failure. Unfortunately, price dropped like a ton of bricks falling but in slow motion. Now, I had a real strong bear micro and hoping for a 1st attempt long before the 3rd order was filled. I got my first attempt long and tried to get +5 with the 2 contracts. Price went' +4 and never made +5. So I moved my target to +4 and it only went +3. I was too stubborn to exit the 2 contracts for a smaller gain or small loss. So I elected to watch the next few bars which for this time of day takes forever. Little did I know it would be around 6 hours. I finally closed out the position at +3 ticks just so I could go to bed. Now, I have a better idea why my dad is not a big fan of trading this time of day and taking trades against the major trend.

StressFreeTrader
Phoenix, AZ/USA

It's been a battle just to be able to trade much less do my journal entries. I have failed in that area! I know I need to become more consistent in keeping a trade journal and making the time to practice, but I am pleased that I am still advancing forward even with all the obstacles. Here is a picture summarizing my last 2 weeks:

Last Updated on October 1, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts