NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The secret to how your brain works

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Grantx with 32 posts (133 thanks)
    2. looks_two xplorer with 5 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 5 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rleplae with 2 posts (7 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Grantx with 4.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two rleplae with 3.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jackbravo with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,880 views
    2. thumb_up 163 thanks given
    3. group 15 followers
    1. forum 50 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

The secret to how your brain works

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,511
Thanks Received: 15,436

rleplae View Post

Hope this helps you @xplorer

Hi Ron, thanks.... it wasn't this one unfortunately.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 2,826
Thanks Received: 5,059

xplorer View Post
Hi Ron, thanks.... it wasn't this one unfortunately.

I think I know which one you are talking about

I had a feeling it wasnt going to last long so I ripped it and reposted it back on youtube. Incredible stuff, you have to watch it a few times.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,511
Thanks Received: 15,436

Grantx View Post
I think I know which one you are talking about

I had a feeling it wasnt going to last long so I ripped it and reposted it back on youtube. Incredible stuff, you have to watch it a few times.

Yes, that's the one, thanks!

Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

Highly entertaining read. Still haven't finished it.

https://waitbutwhy.com/2017/04/neuralink.html

Quoting 
The neocortex had turned humans into magicians. Not only had he made the human head a wondrous internal ocean of complex thoughts, his latest breakthrough had found a way to translate those thoughts into a symbolic set of sounds and send them vibrating through the air into the heads of other humans, who could then decode the sounds and absorb the embedded idea into their own internal thought oceans. The human neocortex had been thinking about things for a long time—and he finally had someone to talk about it all with.

Thanked by:
 Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

He gives some examples in this video with numbers and colours etc. which are pretty darn interesting. When you pay too much attention to boundaries, you dont see the big picture -you see only categories. Obviously this has yuuuge consequences for us traders. With all our lines and averages and pivots and whatnot. Perhaps these things impose boundaries and restrict our minds from seeing what is really happening. You decide.

Thanked by:
 Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

TLDR: stop trying to figure shit out

Here is an interesting thought. Imagine you are sitting in a room with no windows or doors. Your only company is a miniature hot air balloon slowly drifting randomly between floor and ceiling. There are air currents too subtle for you to detect but which the balloon responds to. You are moderately happy and blissfully unaware of the limitations of your awareness. Your purpose in this room (your reality) is to predict the direction the balloon will take. You create an identity for the miniature balloon and empower it by projecting all your hopes and fears onto it. Then one day whilst contemplating the nature of the balloon you have a flash of realization and see a door that went entirely unnoticed up until now. You open the door and find yourself standing at the threshold of a vast expanse of open space. Your eyes adjust to the light and you realise that you are standing in the doorway of a tiny hot air balloon which is drifting in the open expanse of an enormous room. You are compelled to jump and as you fall into the vast open space, you slowly expand in size so that the balloon you just exited from, gets smaller and smaller until it becomes indistinguishable from the miniature you had been observing just a moment ago.

You look back at the miniature balloon with a new awareness. A deeper perspective of the limitations that your reality once occupied. You quickly realise something else. If you have just jumped out of one perspective into another, how far does this linear expansion go? Not only that but how far does the contraction go in the opposite direction? If you jumped back into the small balloon how many recurring smaller balloons are there? Even scarier is that you now realise you have no idea where you stand in this sequence. You are simply a conscious entity existing in an infinite sequence of varying levels of awareness.

While you are doing everything possible not to lose your sanity in the face of this realization, you notice a window. Numb from your recent revelations, you walk over and peer out the window. Billions of gigantic hot air balloons floating around and gently bouncing into one another. Each balloon containing an infinite amount of smaller balloons and simultaneously existing within a larger balloon.

Then you realise something else, all these infinite fractal recurrences of awareness (each balloon is an awareness) do not exist in a vacuum. Something flows in between it all which is the cause of movement. Let's call it energy. Because we have to label this unknown force to contemplate it. It is a force that none of your senses can detect but exists because the very movement you are observing is evidence. right?

Thats the market. You never quite know where you stand. You never quite understand what's happening. You can keep chasing an explanation and trying to figure out the patterns or you can find a place to simply BE. The only reality is change.

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

Dude, that UK acid... man I gotta get me some of that..

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

Rrrracer View Post
Dude, that UK acid... man I gotta get me some of that..

Dude, dont get me started on conspiricies because then you will see how truly deep is my retard

Thanked by:
 Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

Fascinating.

The fire hydrant experiment is interesting. Can you see the parallel?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/audio/2020-01-24/barbara-tversky-on-how-the-mind-works-podcast

lemons 
Tallinn, Estonia

Platform: SC
Trading: NAS100

Last Updated on January 22, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts