NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Question about writing code in Easy language

Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one will4 with 29 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two ABCTG with 26 posts (14 thanks)
    3. looks_3 mattz with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Jura with 1 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one kevinkdog with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Jura with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ABCTG with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 will4 with 0 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 11,649 views
    2. thumb_up 17 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 58 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Question about writing code in Easy language

ABCTG   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 482
Thanks Received: 1,629

will4,

you will have to use the reserved word Close and make sure that you store it in a variable only once on the last bar. Then use this stored value for your order prices.

Regards,

ABCTG

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

will4
sydney,Australila

Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 1

ABCTG View Post
will4,

you will have to use the reserved word Close and make sure that you store it in a variable only once on the last bar. Then use this stored value for your order prices.

Regards,

ABCTG

Thanks

How can I be sure that I store it in a variable only once on the last bar?

Regards,
Will

ABCTG   is a Vendor

will4,

you could use the the reserved word once for example together with LastBarOnChart.

Regards,

ABCTG

Thanked by:
will4
sydney,Australila

ABCTG View Post
will4,

you could use the the reserved word once for example together with LastBarOnChart.

Regards,

ABCTG

Hi
I have written two programs.On the first one the limit order is moving and on the second that I added once lastbaronchart ,the order disappears as the price moves

1)

variables:
var1 (0),
var2 (0),
atsStatus (0);

atsStatus = GetAppInfo(aiStrategyAuto);
If atsStatus=1 then begin
var2=Close+300points ;
var1=Close-300 points;

buy 1 contract next bar at var1 limit ;
sell 1 contract next bar at var2 limit ;
end;

2)

variables:
var1 (0),
var2 (0),
atsStatus (0);

atsStatus = GetAppInfo(aiStrategyAuto);
once (LastBarOnChart =true) begin

If atsStatus=1 then begin
var2=Close+300 points ;
var1=Close-300 points;

buy 1 contract next bar at var1 limit ;
sell 1 contract next bar at var2 limit ;
end;
end;

ABCTG   is a Vendor

will4,

the code is doing exactly what you wrote it to do. In the first you constantly adjust the price, hence the order gets updated and in the second you don't keep the order alive.

You might want to read about order lifetime and keeping them alive in the MC wiki or help files.

Regards,

ABCTG

Thanked by:
will4
sydney,Australila

ABCTG View Post
will4,

the code is doing exactly what you wrote it to do. In the first you constantly adjust the price, hence the order gets updated and in the second you don't keep the order alive.

You might want to read about order lifetime and keeping them alive in the MC wiki or help files.

Regards,

ABCTG

I will read them later ,I want to put a traling stop ,are you aware of any indicator or strategy that is currently in Easy language and I can use it ?

ABCTG   is a Vendor

will4,

in my opinion not every exit works well with every entry and you will likely have to do some research here. There are reserved words for a trailing stop (like setdollartrailing and setpercenttrailing) and some build in strategies that you can explore, plus you'll likely find a lot of examples via Google.

Regards,

ABCTG

Thanked by:
will4
sydney,Australila

ABCTG View Post
will4,

in my opinion not every exit works well with every entry and you will likely have to do some research here. There are reserved words for a trailing stop (like setdollartrailing and setpercenttrailing) and some build in strategies that you can explore, plus you'll likely find a lot of examples via Google.

Regards,

ABCTG

Hi, I searched for lectures or texts in MC wiki and help files about"order lifetime and keeping them alive in the MC wiki or help files".I could not find anything .can you tell me what I should read or can you please send me the link so I can study it?

ABCTG   is a Vendor

Hi will4,

I am sorry, but I don't have the links handy and would have to dig myself through the documentation, too.

In general Multicharts will keep orders alive as long as the conditions that sent the orders are still present.
That explains the behavior of your second code i.e. why it cancels the order after one bar.

Regards,

ABCTG

will4 View Post
Hi, I searched for lectures or texts in MC wiki and help files about"order lifetime and keeping them alive in the MC wiki or help files".I could not find anything .can you tell me what I should read or can you please send me the link so I can study it?

Thanked by:
will4
sydney,Australila

ABCTG View Post
Hi will4,

I am sorry, but I don't have the links handy and would have to dig myself through the documentation, too.

In general Multicharts will keep orders alive as long as the conditions that sent the orders are still present.
That explains the behavior of your second code i.e. why it cancels the order after one bar.

Regards,

ABCTG

Hi, Thanks for your reply
How can I keep the order alive? what is the function or reserve word that I can use to keep the order alive?

Last Updated on July 14, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts