NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

M6E Micro Euro futures friendly competition

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one jackbravo with 74 posts (207 thanks)
    2. looks_two JMP3 with 72 posts (162 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 68 posts (175 thanks)
    4. looks_4 AnvilRob with 64 posts (149 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one FlyingMonkey with 3.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two jackbravo with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 JMP3 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 55,418 views
    2. thumb_up 1,149 thanks given
    3. group 23 followers
    1. forum 423 posts
    2. attach_file 226 attachments

Search this Thread

M6E Micro Euro futures friendly competition

FlyingMonkey 
Los Angeles CA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT8 & TOS
Trading: Futures & Stocks
Thanks Given: 2,970
Thanks Received: 2,289

Saturday 23 Dec 2017
====================

Took one trade each day Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs. 3 losses capped by one gain. Did not trade Friday.

I learned a lot this month and looking forward to January M6E comp. Things I want to work on: Trade more WITH the flow of the action, rather than fight it. Working on a few new plays in the playbook that should help me get in more often in the direction the market is projecting. And be more patient. I think I have noticed that my internal clock is not in sync with the market's clock. The market often wants to take an hour or a few hours to develop before making the real move, and my metronome is much faster than that. My time to sit at the screen is limited due to other commitments, so I think I am rushing during the screen time I do have. I will try to use alerts and timers to help me walk away from the screen and slow down, checking back periodically over a period of several hours. I may miss some moves doing this, but better to be out wishing you were in than in wishing you were out.

My cumulative stats for the month:

Huge thanks to everyone who participated whether trading or commenting. A very beneficial experience for me and hopefully for others too.

-FM

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

rassi 
the congo

Experience: Advanced
Platform: North sea oil rig
Trading: Cl
Thanks Given: 1,563
Thanks Received: 1,199

FlyingMonkey View Post
Saturday 23 Dec 2017

====================

Took one trade each day Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs. 3 losses capped by one gain. Did not trade Friday.

I learned a lot this month and looking forward to January M6E comp. Things I want to work on: Trade more WITH the flow of the action, rather than fight it. Working on a few new plays in the playbook that should help me get in more often in the direction the market is projecting. And be more patient. I think I have noticed that my internal clock is not in sync with the market's clock. The market often wants to take an hour or a few hours to develop before making the real move, and my metronome is much faster than that. My time to sit at the screen is limited due to other commitments, so I think I am rushing during the screen time I do have. I will try to use alerts and timers to help me walk away from the screen and slow down, checking back periodically over a period of several hours. I may miss some moves doing this, but better to be out wishing you were in than in wishing you were out.

My cumulative stats for the month:

Huge thanks to everyone who participated whether trading or commenting. A very beneficial experience for me and hopefully for others too.

-FM

Happy holidays FM

I don’t see a great deal wrong with those trade locations. What made you enter?

Hard to fit trading into a small space of time. I’m sure you will find a solution. Bring on January

Sent using the nexusfi.com mobile app

Thanked by:

FlyingMonkey 
Los Angeles CA
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NT8 & TOS
Trading: Futures & Stocks
Thanks Given: 2,970
Thanks Received: 2,289

rassi View Post
Happy holidays FM

I don’t see a great deal wrong with those trade locations. What made you enter?

Here are a few annotated charts showing the spots I took losses last week. Understanding that sometimes trades can have nothing wrong with them and just not work, in looking at these I think I could have done a better job holding my trigger until there was more clear evidence that a reversal was developing. Or just entering in the direction the market was progressing, rather than only taking reversals. Of course if these trades had been winners I'd think they were perfect entries

Thanked by:

AnvilRob 
Smithfield, VA
Legendary Options Mando

Platform: Tasty Trade, TradingView
Broker: Tasty Trade
Trading: Futures: Everything
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 357
Thanks Received: 1,025

I got a futures account setup and wanted to partake in the next friendly competition. I feel like Euro has been very hard to trade lately, yet it could be setup for good trading. Who knows.

Wondering if we could open up the competition to all available Micro currencies, or just add the addition of the Micro USDJPY. With whats been happening with the 10yr note and gold, I see the UJ wanting move around and offer some trading opportunities. Be nice to have some limited choices.

Rob

EDIT: Just noticed, my broker at TradeStation only offers AUD, GBP, and EUR to USD in the Micro contracts. If I wanted to do yen Id have to do the Mini contract.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

Looking forward to January (Q1?) competition. I'm cool with whatever everyone decides to do, but personally will be sticking to EUR/USD... from what I've seen, intraday action on the other Micros is pretty slow.

The Euro has been moving quite a bit lately, lots of opportunities. It has been difficult for me, but these last few days off have afforded the opportunity to step back and review. Lots of mistakes made that are obvious in hindsight. Hope to improve upon this in 2018!

Thanked by:

JMP3 
rochester new york

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, YM, 6E
Thanks Given: 263
Thanks Received: 359

Hello Fellow Traders, hope everyone had a great Christmas and I want to wish all a Happy and profitable New Year.

I'm looking forward to next months competition and would like to see more participants in our fun trading event. As far as I'm concerned I think it would be fine to trade Sims or Live. I myself will be trading "Live", however I think we can have more participants if we offered them the choice, as long as it's ok with others on the forum?

I usually start my trading year around 01/06/18, unless I see a great setup before then... JP

JMP3 
rochester new york

Here's a graph of my December performance. As you can see I was a little distracted on the 13th, 14th,15th as my Kids were returning home from college and my house sounded like a frat party.

I lost my concentration and was out of my mental zone and went into the hole for $13. I regrouped and put myself into my correct mental state and traded the month back into profit. JP

Thanked by:

JMP3 
rochester new york

TradeTheLevel View Post
I got a futures account setup and wanted to partake in the next friendly competition. I feel like Euro has been very hard to trade lately, yet it could be setup for good trading. Who knows.

Wondering if we could open up the competition to all available Micro currencies, or just add the addition of the Micro USDJPY. With whats been happening with the 10yr note and gold, I see the UJ wanting move around and offer some trading opportunities. Be nice to have some limited choices.

Rob

EDIT: Just noticed, my broker at TradeStation only offers AUD, GBP, and EUR to USD in the Micro contracts. If I wanted to do yen Id have to do the Mini contract.

TradeTheLevel, glad to see you'll be joining us in January. As always I look forward to learning from other traders, JP

AnvilRob 
Smithfield, VA
Legendary Options Mando

Platform: Tasty Trade, TradingView
Broker: Tasty Trade
Trading: Futures: Everything
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 357
Thanks Received: 1,025

JMP3 View Post
TradeTheLevel, glad to see you'll be joining us in January. As always I look forward to learning from other traders, JP

I really appreciate it. I plan on doing a different approach with the micros then my spot account. Ought to be interesting.

Sent using the https://nexusfi.com/NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:

JMP3 
rochester new york

FlyingMonkey View Post
Here are a few annotated charts showing the spots I took losses last week. Understanding that sometimes trades can have nothing wrong with them and just not work, in looking at these I think I could have done a better job holding my trigger until there was more clear evidence that a reversal was developing. Or just entering in the direction the market was progressing, rather than only taking reversals. Of course if these trades had been winners I'd think they were perfect entries

Flying Monkey, I did an analysis of the first chart showing my view and how I basically trade. I'm big on Supply and Demand levels, fib levels, pitchforks and matching parallel lines. This is how I've been trading for many many years. Hopefully this can help others in analyzing chart structure, JP.

Last Updated on March 28, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts