NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Day Trading from an Ogre's Point of View

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one TradingOgre with 393 posts (1,177 thanks)
    2. looks_two MiniP with 26 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobarian with 18 posts (25 thanks)
    4. looks_4 trendisyourfriend with 15 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 3.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two TradingOgre with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 2.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 MiniP with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,971 views
    2. thumb_up 1,547 thanks given
    3. group 58 followers
    1. forum 627 posts
    2. attach_file 263 attachments

Search this Thread

Day Trading from an Ogre's Point of View

TradingOgre 
Evans GA/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage - Philip Capital
Trading: NQ,ES,6E,CL
Thanks Given: 908
Thanks Received: 1,672

Good morning everyone. Quick scan of NQ,CL and 6E shows no real opportunity yet. CL may be setting up to go long. Still too early to tell or to place a pending order.

NQ has been in a nice up trend since about 9 pm last night. Slow steady move up. No real signs of reversing or giving a good place to join the trend. 2000 tick chart

CL seems to be wandering. No real direction. Maybe US session will point it in one direction or another. 2000 tick chart

6E saw a huge spike after Trump decided to voice his opinion about the US interest rates. No real direction after that. Very early morning trading could have yielded a decent long but that seems to be dwindling down as well. 5 minute chart.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

IBLAB 
Wilmington ,NC ,United States

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 135
Thanks Received: 12

TradingOgre View Post
Good morning everyone. Quick scan of NQ,CL and 6E shows no real opportunity yet. CL may be setting up to go long. Still too early to tell or to place a pending order.

NQ has been in a nice up trend since about 9 pm last night. Slow steady move up. No real signs of reversing or giving a good place to join the trend. 2000 tick chart

CL seems to be wandering. No real direction. Maybe US session will point it in one direction or another. 2000 tick chart

6E saw a huge spike after Trump decided to voice his opinion about the US interest rates. No real direction after that. Very early morning trading could have yielded a decent long but that seems to be dwindling down as well. 5 minute chart.

Thanks much very well done TYVVM

Thanked by:

TradingOgre 
Evans GA/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Markets were a bit sluggish so I dropped down from 2000 tick to 500 tick and found a nice counter trend trade after the markets settled down from the open. Should have watched it closer as I could have gotten a much better entry. Felt some pain for about 30 minutes while price decided whether or not it agreed with my choice to go short. Worked out well.

Still looking for some additional trade opportunities but happy with my trading so far today. Getting close with step one of the combine. Still a little work to do and not rushing it is the key to hitting the target.

Thanked by:

IBLAB 

TradingOgre View Post
Markets were a bit sluggish so I dropped down from 2000 tick to 500 tick and found a nice counter trend trade after the markets settled down from the open. Should have watched it closer as I could have gotten a much better entry. Felt some pain for about 30 minutes while price decided whether or not it agreed with my choice to go short. Worked out well.

Still looking for some additional trade opportunities but happy with my trading so far today. Getting close with step one of the combine. Still a little work to do and not rushing it is the key to hitting the target.

AWESOME fabulous catch congrats !! IB

Thanked by:

IBLAB 

IBLAB View Post

AWESOME fabulous catch congrats !! IB

SUPERB !!!!!!!!!!!

IBLAB 

TradingOgre View Post
I have been trading Forex actively for about 11 years and full time about 5 of those years. As the account grew, I slowly switched to higher and higher time frames and now only look at Forex charts once a day. Time for something new. I have known about futures for several years and up until now just haven't done anything with it. Last week I opened an account and after the 4th of July holidays I will begin trading it live. I have been demo trading for a few weeks and find many similarities between Forex and Futures along with many differences. The system that I have used for so many years trading Forex works even better in the Futures market (at least so far ). Looking forward to seeing what I can do.

I could go back to day trading Forex but where's the fun in that? Time to experience something new.

I trade at all hours of the day but I am not necessarily in front of the computer all day. Not having a day job has its advantages.

Going to be starting mainly with NQ adding others in as my experience grows. I like the volatility of the NQ.

I will try to grab screenshots as I go but with the NQ things happen quickly so I am not sure how well I will do with posting during the day. I will post results at the end of the day at a minimum.

IBLAB 

IBLAB View Post

sUPERB

IBLAB 

TradingOgre View Post
Didn't trade any more today. Got distracted making a modification to the candlestick pattern indicator in NT8. I have uploaded it to the indicator section. It allows you to select (by checkbox) which candlestick patterns you want to see. You can also just select find_all and it will find all of them. The original one only allowed you to pick one pattern from a drop down menu.

It's much easier than having to load multiple copies of the indicator to get it to show more than one candlestick pattern.

Ended up +270 for today which makes day 3 in a row for being profitable. Very happy with that. Not happy with my chicken sh** style of trading. That's also why I stopped trading. Could have easily been +1500 today. I started looking for good ways to find the end of a trend or find indication that it may continue. That's why I started looking into the candlestick patterns. I was looking for some sort of confirmation that the trend may continue. Candlestick patterns may be something to help. Not sure yet. I got frustrated with the version that came with NT 8 that only allowed one pattern to be chosen.

are we allowed to chat privately sir if u will of Futures.io IB ????

TradingOgre 
Evans GA/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Checking the charts to see what happened during the overnight session.

NQ, quiet. No real direction. Hope US session gets it moving. Edit: Well now that I am posting this, NQ decides to make a move. LOL!

CL, really smooth trend to the upside. Good entry would have been around 230 or so this morning. And, if managed properly would still be in it. Still just monitoring CL. Curious but not brave enough yet. LOL!

6E, a bit choppy but a strong move up just a little while ago. Would have been an easy catch with the swing high happening just under the 200 ema (yellow line). Trade would have also been in the direction of the intermediate trend (60 ema above 200 ema).

Time to get ready for the US session in a few hours. Now, where did I put that crystal ball??

Trade plan: Trade 6E, and NQ until near the open of US session. Then focus just on NQ for the rest of the day.

Thanked by:

IBLAB 

TradingOgre View Post
Checking the charts to see what happened during the overnight session.

NQ, quiet. No real direction. Hope US session gets it moving. Edit: Well now that I am posting this, NQ decides to make a move. LOL!

CL, really smooth trend to the upside. Good entry would have been around 230 or so this morning. And, if managed properly would still be in it. Still just monitoring CL. Curious but not brave enough yet. LOL!

6E, a bit choppy but a strong move up just a little while ago. Would have been an easy catch with the swing high happening just under the 200 ema (yellow line). Trade would have also been in the direction of the intermediate trend (60 ema above 200 ema).

Time to get ready for the US session in a few hours. Now, where did I put that crystal ball??

Trade plan: Trade 6E, and NQ until near the open of US session. Then focus just on NQ for the rest of the day.

What are the M/A are they EMA or SMA T/Y

Last Updated on May 12, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts