NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

DLL in 64 bit MC

Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ManuelVene with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two Fu510n with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 PK 1 with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ABCTG with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 4,333 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 10 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

DLL in 64 bit MC

PK 1 
Kassel / Germany

Experience: None
Platform: MC
Broker: IB
Trading: CL/NG/ES
Thanks Given: 128
Thanks Received: 62

This is what I'm using a DLL (written in C#) with an Interop-DLL which propagates the calls from MC, done in VS2017.
On top helper dlls for MySQL and a SharedData-Dll for a better global variables implementation and a common messaging provider for communication with any needed app. But yes, documentation is very rare and partly very old. Hard to get information about extensions of MC or the way extension are done by using a DLL.

Not sure where the problem is as there are quite a few things to consider... so I write down a few things which can be of help maybe.

- all your pieces of code in your first post here seem to be correct

- In my DLL I'm referring to PLTypes.dll and PLKit.dll. The latter one is important. In an older docu they're talking about another dll but thas is obsolete, you need PLKit.

- In C++ I refer to it: #import "C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts64\PLKit.dll" no_namespace

- All of my DLLs I copy to: C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts64

- In the past there was a different directory for MC and the installations of newer versions not always delete them. So it's possible to drop the dll into the wrong directory.

- Very useful I've found the many different logfiles: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\TS Support\MultiCharts64\11.0.16148.400\Logs\MultiCharts64 When calling the dll problems will be logged from StudyRunner --> StudyRunner_Error.txt --> in case the signature imported into MC is not found the following was logged: <<ASSERT>> Description: Unknown exception during resolve File: ResolveObject.cpp

- If things are working you can easily start MC from VS and stopping at a breakpoint inside your dll.

- when dealing with your own external dll within MC you should be very cautious regarding any exception thrown. Don't let things like this through to MC, otherwise MC gets instable and can possible quit out of nowhere.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Funded Trader platforms
43 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
22 thanks
Trading with Intuition
18 thanks
Self sabotage reframed
15 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
9 thanks

Last Updated on July 31, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts