NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TradeTheBar Daily Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one kareem40 with 247 posts (437 thanks)
    2. looks_two NW Trader with 20 posts (50 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 5 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mtzimmer1 with 5 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one NW Trader with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Grantx with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 kareem40 with 1.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 39,185 views
    2. thumb_up 532 thanks given
    3. group 18 followers
    1. forum 293 posts
    2. attach_file 280 attachments

Search this Thread

TradeTheBar Daily Journal

NW Trader 
Seattle WA/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL, YM, ES
Thanks Given: 495
Thanks Received: 1,084

I’m reading your posts!! Even though I’m afk mostly this week and next I’m still following the community.

Mike
NW Trader

There is no path to happiness. Happiness is the path.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Strategy stop orders partially filled
EasyLanguage Programming
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

kareem40 
Dallas, TX
Legendary TradeTheBar

Platform: NT, TS
Broker: IB, Oanda
Trading: ES, MES, MNQ, MYM
Thanks Given: 1,950
Thanks Received: 927

It's been few days since my last post, but my work situation is still very demanding and will not allow much time for day trading and/or posting. I had someone message concerning my CL calls from couple of weeks ago, so I will just answer here.
Yes, I kept them and actually added a CL contract Friday. The price action (on the daily chart) was very suspicious and volume was also very bullish. The oil weekend news was showing on the CL chart all of last week. Someone knew!!!
It is funny that I was very unhappy with work demands/travels that kept me away from the intra-day charts, which led me to the daily charts, and gave me the best trading day ever. Today. Of course, this move in CL is also highly unusually and I was lucky/blessed as well. I will pass it forward.
Here are my closed trades for today. I still have three other open positions, Gold, Corn and wheat. I am planning on holding corn and wheat ( China will resume full buying Ags from the US soon) for a while, but will exit gold very soon.

I had two CL options opened at .41 and closed at $3.91.

I will not be able to post daily, for few reasons, but will try add to this journal once or twice a week.
A very good day with lots of stress ( setting on a good winner is much harder than a loser for sure), but great results. No mistakes and I am up $14,903.

K

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

NW Trader 
Seattle WA/USA

kareem40 View Post
I will not be able to post daily, for few reasons, but will try add to this journal once or twice a week.
A very good day with lots of stress ( setting on a good winner is much harder than a loser for sure), but great results. No mistakes and I am up $14,903.

K

Woo hoo!! Way to knock down some big ones K!! Yeah, easy for some to say lucky, I say persistence and perseverance often put you in a place where luck is available. Or, to use a quote often attributed to Arnold Palmer.......

Mike
NW Trader

Thanked by:
 jba1962 
TampaFL

Experience: Master
Platform: TWS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 97
Thanks Received: 374

Great job!!!!

Patience rewarded. Love it.

Thanked by:

kareem40 
Dallas, TX
Legendary TradeTheBar

Thank you both. I now think the Ags will start a long bull move. I would buy micros at any dip and hold with wide stops.
I would not recommend options on those, since they are slow movers.
K

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

kareem40 
Dallas, TX
Legendary TradeTheBar

I am back in Oil. Only one call option with 29 days to expiry, with a risk of $550. I also bought a micro Soy lot as well as a stock short.

K

Thanked by:

NW Trader 
Seattle WA/USA

kareem40 View Post
I am back in Oil. Only one call option with 29 days to expiry, with a risk of $550. I also bought a micro Soy lot as well as a stock short.

K

Do you use a PA strategy for your options as well as your intraday trading? Just wondering if you just use PA but on a larger time frame.

Mike
NW Trader

Thanked by:

kareem40 
Dallas, TX
Legendary TradeTheBar

NW Trader View Post
Do you use a PA strategy for your options as well as your intraday trading? Just wondering if you just use PA but on a larger time frame.

Hi Mike,
Yes I only use PA and Volume Spread Analysis (VSA), but on the daily charts. My job is at the point to where I have to go to an office now. Meaning, I cannot day trade and/or install anything on my work computer. I either place limit/trail stops before leaving in the morning (when I can) and/or log in via remote access to my home computer. The latter option is not an easy fix, but still doable.
Furthermore on my set ups, they are just basic channels and raw volume. Of course, the size of the bar, and where it closes is also very important.

K

Thanked by:

kareem40 
Dallas, TX
Legendary TradeTheBar

As posted earlier, I am back in CL-Long with the 65.5 call with 29 days left to expiry. I tend to hold options for a few of weeks, but if it moves very fast within a day or two ( breaking news), I usually take the quick profit. Fundamentally, I also think that oil has much room to the up side. The total risk on this trade is the cost of the option, $550.
My limit profit on LOW was hit, but none of my other stock entries were filled. I also took an exit on my MGC ( Gold) long from last week. I wanted to add to my wheat position, but did not get filled.

I am also trying Forex ( again), off the daily charts. Trades are opened/closed at 4 CST each day. The target and stops are wide, so I am trading small. And I am not sure if my PA-VSA set ups will work on FX. Here are few open position.

An easy day with no mistakes or stress. I am up $115 on my closed trades.

K

Thanked by:

kareem40 
Dallas, TX
Legendary TradeTheBar

The same positions as yesterday I am still holding. I also took three new stock scalps.

I closed one of my FX trades, EURNZD, for 260 PIPs. The rest are all green still.

Again, all trades, targets and trailing stops set in advance, so no stress/mistakes. I am up $110 for the day.
Last, my guess on a top for Dow is 32,611 !!!!

K

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 23, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts