NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Coronavirus COVID-19

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 131 posts (129 thanks)
    2. looks_two Blash with 60 posts (136 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 43 posts (180 thanks)
    4. looks_4 AllSeeker with 43 posts (75 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 4.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Blash with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 104,610 views
    2. thumb_up 1,277 thanks given
    3. group 264 followers
    1. forum 582 posts
    2. attach_file 74 attachments

Search this Thread

Coronavirus COVID-19

Zondor 
Portland Oregon, United States

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader®
Broker: CQG, Kinetick
Trading: Gameplay Klownbine® Trading of Globex
Thanks Given: 1,246
Thanks Received: 2,731

https://www.globalresearch.ca/bigger-picture-hiding-behind-virus/5708552

Oh, but that would be a conspiracy theory. THEY would never do anything like that.

Under cover of the public’s fear, and of justified concerns about the state of the economy and future employment, countries like the US are transferring huge sums of public money to the biggest corporations. Politicians controlled by big business and media owned by big business are pushing through this corporate robbery without scrutiny – and for reasons that should be self-explanatory. They know our attention is too overwhelmed by the virus for us to assess intentionally mystifying arguments about the supposed economic benefits, about yet more illusory trickle-down.

There are many other dramatic changes being introduced, almost too many and too rapidly for us to follow them properly. Bans on movement. Intensified surveillance. Censorship. The transfer of draconian powers to the police, and preparations for the deployment of soldiers on streets. Detention without trial. Martial law. Measures that might have terrified us when Trump was our main worry, or Brexit, or Russia, may now seem a price worth paying for a “return to normality”.

"If we don't loosen up some money, this sucker is going down." -GW Bush, 2008
“Lack of proof that something is true does not prove that it is not true - when you want to believe.” -Humpty Dumpty, 2014
“The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.”
Prof. Albert Bartlett
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

I disagree Ron.

There is a good and valid reason for calling it like it is:
The majority go around repeating mindless non-sense by "authority figures"
It takes a direct call-out of the incompetent to wake up the masses and get them to start to think for themselves.
Without this people circle around and around in dithering non-sense.

When I posted about mask - people deflected it to
-:well there are many kinds of masks and there is a debate on them" ==> delay and deaths
but in the post I emphasized that there are two reasons and the first is not to spread it.

It was obvious in January that this was going to be bad, and In February everyone should have been told to wear masks or face coverings. That was common sense. That is also Gold standard in preventing spread and "flattening the curve."

The prior post - by a doctor highlights this.

So many on the front line have died - needlessly due to incompetent action. Instead they only have "social distancing" a much less effective strategy and with enormous cost of life and the economy. Their cure will end up costing more lives from depression suicide and other deaths. And more deaths of the front lines.

The brain-dead cost lives.

These at the top will shift their position and recommend face-coverings too late. The public won't remember the stupidity and incompetence of their actions unless they are called-out on it. They later will cover their life-costing stupidity with garage like "new research suggest that everyone should wear a face-covering". That is nonsense. Face covering was the Gold standard back in SARS and Swine Flu and before.
In the Spanish flu -see prior post - see movie they new of face covering.

They, medical "authorities" will suffer no consequence for the damage and suffering they caused and will continue on in their posts to continue to hurt the public again and again.
-------------------

Wear a mask, mandate others to wear masks, & remember that @WHO is criminally incompetent. To repeat:@WHO is criminally incompetent. — Nassim Nicholas Taleb (@nntaleb) March 31, 2020

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

vmodus 
Somewhere, Delaware, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Barchart.com
Trading: Everything, it all tastes like chicken
Thanks Given: 2,958
Thanks Received: 2,853

bobwest View Post
I found these articles useful, both as information and as emotional reassurance. They address the simple questions of how to deal with packages or store purchases and what to do in the house.

I hope they help. My takeaway is to feel less paranoia. I know that just raising the issues may cause some people to feel alarm, which I would not want, but I think the message is basically that the actual level of risk is low, and there are simple things that can be done to reduce risk further, and of course to wash your hands often and to maintain social distance in the first place.

Packages and store materials: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/26/dont-panic-about-shopping-getting-delivery-or-accepting-packages/

Inside the house: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/home/clean-disinfect-surfaces-coronavirus/2020/03/26/d2c764f0-6f69-11ea-b148-e4ce3fbd85b5_story.html

To be honest, I haven't changed anything all that much, but these did let me relax a bit about what I was doing, which is valuable too.

Bob.

Let cooler heads prevail.

~vmodus

vmodus 
Somewhere, Delaware, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Barchart.com
Trading: Everything, it all tastes like chicken
Thanks Given: 2,958
Thanks Received: 2,853

aquarian1 View Post
I disagree Ron.

There is a good and valid reason for calling it like it is:
The majority go around repeating mindless non-sense by "authority figures"
It takes a direct call-out of the incompetent to wake up the masses and get them to start to think for themselves.
Without this people circle around and around in dithering non-sense.

When I posted about mask - people deflected it to
-:well there are many kinds of masks and there is a debate on them" ==> delay and deaths
but in the post I emphasized that there are two reasons and the first is not to spread it.

It was obvious in January that this was going to be bad, and In February everyone should have been told to wear masks or face coverings. That was common sense. That is also Gold standard in preventing spread and "flattening the curve."

The prior post - by a doctor highlights this.

So many on the front line have died - needlessly due to incompetent action. Instead they only have "social distancing" a much less effective strategy and with enormous cost of life and the economy. Their cure will end up costing more lives from depression suicide and other deaths. And more deaths of the front lines.

The brain-dead cost lives.

These at the top will shift their position and recommend face-coverings too late. The public won't remember the stupidity and incompetence of their actions unless they are called-out on it. They later will cover their life-costing stupidity with garage like "new research suggest that everyone should wear a face-covering". That is nonsense. Face covering was the Gold standard back in SARS and Swine Flu and before.
In the Spanish flu -see prior post - see movie they new of face covering.

They, medical "authorities" will suffer no consequence for the damage and suffering they caused and will continue on in their posts to continue to hurt the public again and again.
-------------------

Wear a mask, mandate others to wear masks, & remember that @WHO is criminally incompetent. To repeat:@WHO is criminally incompetent. — Nassim Nicholas Taleb (@nntaleb) March 31, 2020

I don't know how many people travel a lot, but my family and I do. Even back in the mid-2000's, long before swine flu, SARS and MERS, my wife and I would see Asian tourists wearing masks. The custom of wearing masks in public to prevent the spread of disease, particularly with the Japanese, goes back to the Spanish Flu (I have long had a fascination with pandemics/epidemics and have studied in great detail well before COVID-19). It just never went away. I can't speak of the custom in other Asian countries.

Last summer, I saw a guy in his early twenties, white American who looked strong and healthy, wearing a mask on the NY JFK airport mono-rail. It was the first time I've ever seen a non-Asian wearing a mask outside a medical setting and struck me as unusual, but it made sense to me.

So yeah.... masks.

~vmodus

geott 
France

Platform: MT4/NT
Trading: YM, DAX, Fx, CFD
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 40

https://nypost.com/2020/04/02/hydroxychloroquine-most-effective-coronavirus-treatment-poll/

Thanked by:
 sixtyseven 
Golden Bay, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 851
Thanks Received: 337

Big data!

https://www.google.com/covid19/mobility/

Shows how well each Country / region has changed its movements (based on mobile tracking data) over the last 6 weeks or so.

I have seen a lot of US Covid-19 forecasts which are basing the flattening of the curve on following the paths of Italy / Spain. If you have a look at the data for those countries vs US you can see how flawed that method is.

geott 
France

Platform: MT4/NT
Trading: YM, DAX, Fx, CFD
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 40

Should Capt. Brett Crozier be fired ? your point of view ?

Adressed to USS Theodore Roosevelt sailors to help you chill out, greetings from France :

(full screen please)

Thanked by:

Blash 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Market Chamois

Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, S5T, IQFeed
Trading: The one I'm creating in the present....Index Futures mini/micro, ZF
Thanks Given: 7,341
Thanks Received: 4,518

vmodus View Post
I don't know how many people travel a lot, but my family and I do. Even back in the mid-2000's, long before swine flu, SARS and MERS, my wife and I would see Asian tourists wearing masks. The custom of wearing masks in public to prevent the spread of disease, particularly with the Japanese, goes back to the Spanish Flu (I have long had a fascination with pandemics/epidemics and have studied in great detail well before COVID-19). It just never went away. I can't speak of the custom in other Asian countries.

Last summer, I saw a guy in his early twenties, white American who looked strong and healthy, wearing a mask on the NY JFK airport mono-rail. It was the first time I've ever seen a non-Asian wearing a mask outside a medical setting and struck me as unusual, but it made sense to me.

So yeah.... masks.

~vmodus

We did Disney 4 times in 2019. Disney Cruise February, DisneyLand for StarWars opening June, Tokyo Disney in July and Walt Disney World in December.

I only say this to point out in all of this travel the Japanese were the ones wearing face masks, by far. It is part of their well informed polite sensibility/culture.

I think this is a very wise and smart approach to hygiene.

As of right now, Japan only has 2617 cases of SARS-CoV-2 and/or COVID-19 (not sure of the exact breakdown) and have zero issues with face mask wearing.

I believe and practice wearing masks and have for the past 2 weeks now.

I firmly believe if more of us in the USA followed the example of asian countries, that have held the Coronavirus at bay, like Japan, we would not be in this ridiculous situation right now.

There is no real leadership here in the US. It's just every state for themselves....states bidding on ventilators against each other and FEMA (CRAZY, INSANE) jacking the price up and up ... completely unproductive.

Ron

...My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy...
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)
Thanked by:

srgtroy 
Los Angeles, California Republic
Legendary  R.I.P. 1965-2023 

Broker: CQG
Thanks Given: 1,375
Thanks Received: 3,722

Even if you wanted to wear a mask, they were hard to find. I started looking for masks in January when I saw retweets from Weebo (China's twitter) about what was going on in Wuhan. Every time the local retailers got stock, they were immediately 'looted' by a few Amazon and Ebay sellers who were hoping to make money off of other people's misery. Every Target in Los Angeles was sold out in January. It was ridiculous. At some point I complained to some of the retailers and told them they needed to limit supplies per person. The answer was always the same -- I'm not gonna tell somebody they can't buy all my masks. It was before most people in the US were taking the coronavirus seriously. The retailers are as negligent as anybody else for this mess. "Corporate" was ignorant of what was going on overseas and completely short-sighted.

R.I.P. Roy Goldberg (srgtroy), 1965-2023.
Please visit [url="https://nexusfi.com/off-topic/60226-srgtroy-r-i-p-brotha.html[/url] for more information.

srgtroy 
Los Angeles, California Republic
Legendary  R.I.P. 1965-2023 

Broker: CQG
Thanks Given: 1,375
Thanks Received: 3,722

Bus Driver Dies Of Covid-19 After Calling Out Coughing Rider

Terrible.

R.I.P. Roy Goldberg (srgtroy), 1965-2023.
Please visit [url="https://nexusfi.com/off-topic/60226-srgtroy-r-i-p-brotha.html[/url] for more information.
Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 19, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts