NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Sierra Chart ACSIL for Beginners.

Discussion in Sierra Chart

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Trembling Hand with 29 posts (186 thanks)
    2. looks_two mosalem2003 with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 drunkcolonel with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Thegunshow with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 34,754 views
    2. thumb_up 192 thanks given
    3. group 55 followers
    1. forum 55 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments

Search this Thread

Sierra Chart ACSIL for Beginners.

Thegunshow 
Portland, OR USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader,TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 58

Hi Trembling Hand,

Thanks for this thread as well as the other ACSIL thread. I am trying to get a value out of the zig zag study (VolumeDividedByLengthInTicks) but it is displayed as a text label and is not an accessible subgraph. Can you propose a way to modify the ZZ study so that I can access to this data as a subgraph? I would like to be able to use that number in an alert calculation.

Thank you!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
OrderFlow-Based Support/Resistance Levels
Emini and Emicro Index
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Strategy stop orders partially filled
EasyLanguage Programming
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Funded Trader platforms
31 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
22 thanks
Trading with Intuition
17 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
12 thanks
Self sabotage reframed
9 thanks
 Trembling Hand 
Melbourne, Land of Oz

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart, CQG
Broker: CQG
Trading: HSI
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 360

Thegunshow View Post
Hi Trembling Hand,

Thanks for this thread as well as the other ACSIL thread. I am trying to get a value out of the zig zag study (VolumeDividedByLengthInTicks) but it is displayed as a text label and is not an accessible subgraph. Can you propose a way to modify the ZZ study so that I can access to this data as a subgraph? I would like to be able to use that number in an alert calculation.

Thank you!

Sorry about the slow reply. If you look at the Studies7.cpp file in C:\SierraChart\ACS_Source On line 1187 in the CreateZigZagLineLabel function you can see that the calculation is,

Code
int64_t VolumeDividedByLengthInTicks = static_cast <int64_t>(AccumulatedVolume[ZigZagIndex] / (ZigzagLineLength / sc.TickSize));
You can copy the ZigZag function, rename it as something unique and add a subgraph to hold and display that calculation.

Follow me on Twitter Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Thegunshow 
Portland, OR USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader,TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 58

Trembling Hand View Post
Sorry about the slow reply. If you look at the Studies7.cpp file in C:\SierraChart\ACS_Source On line 1187 in the CreateZigZagLineLabel function you can see that the calculation is,

Code
int64_t VolumeDividedByLengthInTicks = static_cast <int64_t>(AccumulatedVolume[ZigZagIndex] / (ZigzagLineLength / sc.TickSize));
You can copy the ZigZag function, rename it as something unique and add a subgraph to hold and display that calculation.

Thank you so much! Any chance you can help me determine the line numbers I should copy and paste to recreate the ZigZag function? I was looking at the file last night and its not super clear to me. If you don't have time, I understand. I can probably experiment for myself and figure it out.

liquidnuts
New York, NY

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

This is a great thread, thank you very much for your time in putting this together. I'm now up and running and building studies in VS.

DCMCG17
Paris, France

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hello everyone!

I have been looking around through threads on here, and Sierra, trying to get a start on building a little automated setup, so I can backtest without a pen and paper.

I haven't really seen anything like what I'm looking for. Most people are asking for what seems to be more data collection/combining studies, and things that are more complex.

I think it is rather simple, I just need pointed in the right direction. Not sure if the spreadsheets or ACSIL are what I'm after.

Entrance based on a figure given by an indicator: enter long when cross from above, enter short when cross from below. 3 contracts, limit. -7 stop all. Once it comes 4 ticks in favour, stop moves to -4. Target 1, +10 ticks, once hit, stop moves to break even. Target 2, +17. Once target 2 hit, the stop for the final contract becomes trailing at -6.

I am not afraid to spend some time trying to code this, in fact I would love to be able to say I put it together somewhat. But I need a template.. if anyone has seen something similar, please let me know.

Thank you in advance!

tamilio
CHARLOTTE

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 0

anubis View Post
Hey, nice thread!

How far can one go with Sierra customization? Can we do more than indicators? Like a custom DOM panel and stuff like that?

Hello,
I'm late to this thread, but in answer to your question, SierraChart has a landing pages called "
ACSILProgrammingConcepts"

It seems to have a lot of capabilities.

Mike

Last Updated on August 8, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts