NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Kim Mangalindan, Facebook Freedom Challenge Group (legal question - need help)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Kasitlyo with 13 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 9 posts (48 thanks)
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 9 posts (26 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Nolaughingmatter with 7 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one artemiso with 11.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 5.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Kasitlyo with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 27,220 views
    2. thumb_up 221 thanks given
    3. group 400 followers
    1. forum 88 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Kim Mangalindan, Facebook Freedom Challenge Group (legal question - need help)

Tangotx 
Houston, TX

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Dorman
Trading: ES/RTY
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 44

Just my fifty cents feedback on this guy after I did about 15 minutes of research:

1. I found two of his sites: https://www.mtradingacademy.com; and 6figurementoringgroup.com.
2. Both of those sites are typical "long copy marketing pieces," designed to walk you through the steps that will convince you to part with your money. Includes the required pictures of fast cars, jet planes, yachts, etc, presented as if "other gurus" try to sell you that, but NOT him.
3. Neither one of the two web sites show any history in the web.archive.org, which made me wonder how old they might be. The answer:
https://www.mtradingacademy.com: Domain created on 2019-09-25
6figurementoringgroup.com: Domain created on 2019-10-07
Clearly this guy has not been "in business" for very long.
4. LinkedIn profile. Claims years of experience trading, but interestingly enough, not much other information provided. Education? crickets.
5. The https://www.mtradingacademy.com is written on the third-person. Doesn't that seem a bit strange coming from "Master Kim" himself?
6. Finally, and this is a personal opinion, I wouldn't buy anything from a guy that calls himself "Master Kim." Give me a break.

I know I'm not answering the original question that started this thread (that is a legal issue and I'm not an attorney); but I'm attempting to point out that we need to do some research before with let our hard earned money go.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Option : Call and Put increase at same time ?
The Elite Circle
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

TCCONDE 
San Francisco, California, USA

Platform: Tastyworks
Broker: Tastyworks
Trading: CL, ZW, ZS, ZC, ES, NG, Smalls
Thanks Given: 0

I join the others in feeling bad that you are going through this BS. Like most others, I am not a lawyer. I have not had things like this happen to me, for one simple reason. If I was doing so well, I would not be telling others how to copy me. Maybe that makes me a selfish bastard, but I'd figure out how much I needed to bank in order to retire to a beach on Fiji or wherever and I'd trade with my secret system until I had that much and then adi-freaking-os. Plus, no one, and I don't care how much you pay them, can acurately predict the market. I do very well, but I do it by scalping, $50 here, $20 there, and so on. With no/low commissions, it adds up. But I could not tell you where to put your money if I had to. No one can predict the future. I don't care how much you pay them.

Now, that said, these "gurus" live and die, not from their trading, but by their merchant accounts. I have looked at the terms of some of these guru's terms and conditions. They are usually open about NO REFUNDS. But if you read further, they say that their life's blood is their merchant account. HUH? If you think about it, that makes perfect sense. Face it: the bull market we have had over the past several years has made millionaires out of many people; those people have graduated to telling us how to do what they did. As luck would have it, those things do not work any more. I do not know how you bought it, but I'd read up on it and go after their merchant account. Either through their bank, or PayPal or even the post office. Get them on mail fraud if they sent anything. There was a time when the BBB was good, but that is long gone. BUT, BUT, BUT today, there is social media. They cannot stop you from telling your story. No one can. Name names, make copies of statements and show them. You seemed afraid to name your "guru." Name him and put posts all over the internet. Scare the crap out of him. He could drag you to court. I'd welcome that. Then you could REALLY tell your story and it is public record. Someone said that he can keep charging you if you close your credit card and roll it to another account. I doubt that because I have lost credit cards and all of the auto pay things I had set up stopped working. I had WANTED those to roll over and they did not. I would go after this creep and tell everybody who it is. Then he has a choice: lose the business from one guy, or the potential business from 100 guys. Completely his choice.

Tim

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,249
Thanks Received: 101,669

michaelleemoore View Post
Hey Mike, I messaged you about this guy. I know him, but believe a private message is more appropriate given his legal threats.

mlm

Thanks, received. I am not concerned about legal threats personally. Anyone is welcome to share their experiences about a vendor so long as they follow site rules.

Mike

Join the free Markets Chat beta: one platform, all the trade rooms!

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 leont45 
miami florida usa

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: stage 5 charts/market pro
Trading: emini
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 3

i have experience in the matter, i agree with everyone else scammers do not sue. relax, close the account, tell the bank or banks it is a disputed charge , sit back and relax.
the saame thing happened to me with an entity called ams, i mention it here so all beware. they used to post at top hat, not anymore thank god. but they had charts that incorporated several methods i like. after speaking to a guy in Florida who sounded honest. i paid whatever the cost was. later i found out that they weren"t selling a course , or a chatroom but the charts. which only work with ninja, i have trade station. upon requesting a return through paypal. after repeated back and forth, the main guy who is in the Netherlands. returned half the fee. mind you i never took anything from them. never downloaded the charts, in other words nothing was taken. i"m down $700 they"re up $700. total scam. and paypal does not like to give you back your money. now they have a policy that before you file a claim you have to negotiate with the scammer first. good luck with that.

in your case you never got to pay it all. consider yourself lucky and move on , the guy won"t sue you. besides there are legal tidbits, where is he going to sue? (diversity of jurisdiction).what is the amount in controversy?. jurisdictional issues, under what legal theory is he suing? you can not enforce an illegal contract, or contract to commit an illegal act. it goes on and on.
relax and follow one or several of the people on this site they come on from time to time and explain their approaches. one of them is bound to work for you. sorry it happened. live and learn. i"ve never posted before but for you i did.

Thanked by:
 MiamiTrader 
Miami FL/US

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 35

Hmmm. So the vendors premium product offering cost roughly $3K / Month for 12 months (Around 36k annual earnings) BUT claims he taught his son how to make 1500 / day ( 30k monthly earnings and roughly 360K annual earnings). It doesn't make sense. Had this been a poker game I would push ALL IN with J high .

kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,892
Thanks Received: 7,360

If this isn't one big viral marketing scheme, it sure is having that effect...
  • Subscribers to vendor You Tube channel are up
  • Roughly 100% increase in daily YT views since vendor was "outed"
  • Even though vendor info given on page 3, people continue to ask "please share the name!"
  • Most popular thread at nexusfi.com

From the Master's FB page less than 1 month ago:

Maybe it is all a coincidence...but maybe we are pawns in this viral marketing experiment...

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,249
Thanks Received: 101,669

I started a separate thread here for the actual vendor review aspect:

Mike

Join the free Markets Chat beta: one platform, all the trade rooms!

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
jgomez74
Chihuahua, Mexico

Thanks Given: 25

Isnīt that bastard Henry Roche he used as an alias, he is a portugese guy who supossedly lived in Canada and ran a training trading online site named New Futures Trading.

Kasitlyo 
San Francisco CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 19

kevinkdog View Post
  • Subscribers to vendor You Tube channel are up
  • Roughly 100% increase in daily YT views since vendor was "outed"
  • Even though vendor info given on page 3, people continue to ask "please share the name!"
  • Most popular thread at nexusfi.com

From the Master's FB page less than 1 month ago:

Maybe it is all a coincidence...but maybe we are pawns in this viral marketing experiment...

I am so worried and my thinking is in a limbo, I almost forget he has another group at FB please also look up Ferrari Trading Group, Kim Mangalindan was also the administrator of this group.

I initially met him at Stock Navigator (SN) on Facebook (Paid Membership $6K for the whole class, one time pay)and SN are mostly give you the fundamentals on this group, like the Elliot Wave Theory and to make Fibonacci and so forth, he start showing all his winning images and start mentioning that he gives classes to, then if you friend with him, he will invite you to Ferrari Trading Group and if you start asking questions, he will start connecting with you and link you to his website and making a personal call and telling all the good things he made, feeding the homeless, helping a girl in a saloon etc. He uses his son as bait to welcome you and talking to you, how much he made that day... that's the story, we are all humans and we have soft heart, when we hear something like that, you thought he is genuine... believe it or not the members in Freedom Challenge are still sticking with this guy, I emailed one member that I befriend with and Master Kim give them specific instruction to not talk to me or they will be kick out. Anyway I submitted a formal Complaint to CFTC and filled up Form TCR.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
 ocpb 
Hartford CT, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: None
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 152
Thanks Received: 125

kevinkdog View Post

I guess it's true what they say, no publicity is bad publicity.

The intrigue that is created by suggesting that this could somehow be a viral marketing scheme -- true or not -- may even be enough to add a significant amount of curiosity about (and views for) his channel.

Just wanted to add, the link tracking id -- referred to earlier as being potentially in kind with a such a scheme -- is a FB tracking id. It seems the FBCID doesn't have a use as of yet by marketers - but it does allow facebook to track unique clicks from FB logged in users if necessary, maybe as a click fraud investigation tool, or something along those lines. I'm guessing that anyone who does a "copy link" of one of these linke while using facebook would get the appended id, even though the link does not visually show it.

Last Updated on February 13, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts