NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Kim Mangalindan, Facebook Freedom Challenge Group (legal question - need help)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Kasitlyo with 13 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 9 posts (48 thanks)
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 9 posts (26 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Nolaughingmatter with 7 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one artemiso with 11.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 5.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Kasitlyo with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 27,263 views
    2. thumb_up 221 thanks given
    3. group 400 followers
    1. forum 88 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Kim Mangalindan, Facebook Freedom Challenge Group (legal question - need help)

ReaM
Los Angeles

Thanks Given: 97
Thanks Received: 112

I am going to be only slight off topic but my message is important: nobody who sells courses knows how to trade. Out of millions of videos on Youtube on the topic Trading I've only seen a couple of videos that actually told you how to profitably trade. That's maybe 3 videos out of millions. One good video was deleted after the guy who made it was hired to be a consultant so they shut him up (I contacted him and he told me he can no longer say anything), and another video had a little over a thousand views with one comment of couch expert criticizing him.

Every other guy who discusses Bollinger bands, MACD and the rest of the crap are all scammers. Eat, sleep and trade. EAT, SLEEP AND TRADE. <- Scam. Guests on tastytrade's youtube channel are all scammers.

No profitable guy in his right mind would ever share anything with you unless you offer him a whole lot of money, because if he does you will eat into his liquidity and there's only a limited number of good contracts available. The reason the markets are so efficient is because there's competition for good trades.

On the floor the best locals averaged 0.2-0.3 tick profit per trade and that's when there were brokers who could fill your orders without moving the market against you. Now it's tougher because oftentimes the only way to get your order filled is to let the market move against you and you don't want the market to move against you. It's very tough and nobody who's figured out how to trade is going to sell you anything for a few grand, it's nonsense.

It's so tough that today with your typical consumer commissions you will not beat the market, you just won't, that's how competitive it has become.

There's also another new scam in town. Pay us $200 a month and you will trade our capital!
Pay us and make us money! Wow, yeah, just let me get my wallet. Not to mention I totally want to be classified as a professional trader and pay a whole lot more for data, because paying more for the same thing is better!

Don't pay anyone to teach you how to trade unless the guy asks half a million for his knowledge.

Also, this forum has some great pages on how to actually trade, but they're hard to find and for the reasons mentioned above I can't tell you which.

As for the scammers like your guy, I would just ignore him and block payments. They're all powerless. There are so many weirdos on youtube, guys who have a "secret code" to trade crude light and clearly trade SIM in their videos, man I piss myself laughing at those.

I want to repeat: Do not buy any courses on trading, they're all a waste of money. All of them.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

jrad224 
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader 7 & 8
Trading: CL, RBOB, ES
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 0

Hi, I'm sorry you're having a tough time with this vendor - I've been in the same situation; to me, he sounds like a fraud, making threats to frighten you and back you off. I agree with the other members - you should name this person, it is likely he is known, then you would receive more targeted advice. Best of luck to you.

Kiks 
los angeles, ca/usa

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Metatrader 5/CQG
Broker: AMP FUTURES/CQG
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 168
Thanks Received: 33

Kasitlyo View Post
This is big probability he mentioned on his FB group that he has a son in UTAH, the guy is from Vietnam, and most in the FB groups are Asian, trying to learn how to trade, I am Asian as you can see in my English, my kids always correct me hehehe. You guys are the best and THANK THANK YOU everyone, I can start sleeping better now.

The vendor's last name is 100% Filipino native. "MANGALINDAN". Not Vietnamese.
Vietnamese names are always pronounced as one syllable. Does it look like one syllable?

michaelleemoore 
Missoula, MT Nɫʔay(ccstm)
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 5,552
Thanks Received: 12,328

Big Mike View Post
If he hadn't been encouraged to out the name, but still did, it would be equally as circumspect.

It's better the name is out than not out. At least there is some history now associated with this vendor, whether he himself is running an even bigger scam, or whether he simply had a customer that felt he was severely mistreated. Either way, one day it will speak for itself as more evidence comes forward.

Mike

Hey Mike, I messaged you about this guy. I know him, but believe a private message is more appropriate given his legal threats.

mlm

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 senjis11 
Chicago Illinois

Experience: Beginner
Trading: Future, Forex
Thanks Given: 1

Kiks View Post
The vendor's last name is 100% Filipino native. "MANGALINDAN". Not Vietnamese.
Vietnamese names are always pronounced as one syllable. Does it look like one syllable?

Doesn't mean he can't be from Vietnam. He could be biracial or Filipino who's born and raised in Vietnam. I have seen Vietnamese people with Filipino last name, Thai Vietnamese, and a lot of Chinese Vietnamese. Also Kim is a rather common unisex name in Vietnam. I don't see how the dude's race is important in this case.

Kiks 
los angeles, ca/usa

Platform: Metatrader 5/CQG
Broker: AMP FUTURES/CQG
Thanks Given: 168
Thanks Received: 33

senjis11 View Post
Doesn't mean he can't be from Vietnam. He could be biracial or Filipino who's born and raised in Vietnam. I have seen Vietnamese people with Filipino last name, Thai Vietnamese, and a lot of Chinese Vietnamese. Also Kim is a rather common unisex name in Vietnam. I don't see how the dude's race is important in this case.

The OP is appropriating the last name on the wrong race.

Alaskajeff 
Fairbanks, Alaska

Platform: Jigsaw, NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Amp, Ninjatrader
Trading: Eminis, bonds, gold, crude
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 23

This thread reminds me of the markets. It started out one way and then all of a sudden went the other way and now it has once again changed directions. Just like the markets do on a daily basis.

Seriously though, the best advice was from Futures Trader 71. File a complaint with the CFTC and that should about end any threats you receive from the alleged scammer. Also, please don't fall for these trading scams of pay to learn. Anybody can put up a website and claim to be a trader and sell you something. You can get the same info on YouTube for free nowadays. Also, this forum has voluminous info regarding trading, you just have to spend some time reading through all the info. Last but not least, screen time and sim account will provide you more knowledge then any so called guru. Best of luck.

Thanked by:
 kirkvan 
Edmonds, WA

Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage/Dorman
Trading: CME Futures
Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 23

Same "I'm not an attorney and cannot provide legal advice" caveat. Remember, this vendor would have to win a judgment in court to garnish your accounts. I would have an attorney look at your contract so you're clear about your legal standing. Fraud can violate a contract. Personally, I would attack by every means possible, including challenging the credit card charges because of fraud.

Snoopy3417 
Costa Rica

Platform: TOS, MotiveWave, TNT
Broker: Tradier, TDA, CTG
Thanks Given: 0

The Attorneys General of each state has a site to file complaints. Send a copy of the threat and your description of what has happened to them and CC the “mentor”. It will let him/her know you will not be threatened. You likely will not hear from him/her again.

tm10 
QC

Platform: NINJA TRADER
Trading: E MINI RUSSEL AND ES
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 65

Hi,its look like so called mentors case,,,just check if he is registered as a mentor,,,or simply just register a complaint in NFA(NATIONAL FUTURE ASSOCIATION) AND GOOGLE stock complaint associations related brokers and exchanges.Email the guy u r filing a complaint against him.i m sure he is a fake guy.
good luck

Last Updated on February 13, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts