NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Any good traders on YouTube?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SBtrader82 with 18 posts (50 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 16 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 faithdefender with 16 posts (15 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Joseph Connors with 13 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two 1BSD with 3.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SBtrader82 with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SpeculatorSeth with 2.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 90,023 views
    2. thumb_up 570 thanks given
    3. group 743 followers
    1. forum 331 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Any good traders on YouTube?

Analytic 
New York NY/United States

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts, TS, TOS
Trading: Futures, Options, Stocks
Thanks Given: 73
Thanks Received: 223

First off: There is probably no way to know if there are any good traders on YouTube.

Secondly my definition of a good trader is consistent edge and risk mitigation over a period of at least 2 years
and having a trading track record through low and high volatility market regimes.

To verify that a trader is good you would need at the minimum:

1) A 2 year trading track record with full statistics and broker statements that are audited and signed by an independent regulated 3rd party.
2) A financial forensic audit of all the trader's accounts to ensure no trading with multiple accounts and no hedging with other accounts.

Most retail brokers I know will not allow a 3rd party audit of a customer account even if that trading customer requests it.
They also will not confirm or deny that a broker statement is authentic.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

chartmojo2 
Missioul Montana usa

Platform: Ninjatrader and others
Trading: nq, es, Hype cool runner Ipo's months out short into lockup expirations. UVXY, TSLA options
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 60

There is a so much on Youtube. to much to list. Sort of depends on your level. I like some of Vinny Emini's work like the J Hook vid
and his strategies. Al Brooks on price action especially when it comes to double entry fails and Traps
. Some of Rob Hoffman's vids are good "How I Won Trading Competitions" etc
. Some of Jea Yu's Pups (power upticks), mini Pups and perfect storm vids are decent old school
. I like some of Mark Douglas's work.."Trading in the Zone." Most sites/courses/systems etc. have a lot of fluff but there are some real gems in there if you look. Take the good where you find it and discard the rest. Everyone sees the market differently and continues to see it differently over time. Every technique or opinion is a snapshot in time. Some things work some of the time. Green light when things are working, red light otherwise. You can have an edge but the win loss distribution still has a random distribution within the parameters of the edge. One can know everything about the markets and still not be able to trade it. I have some thesis vids on yt..I don't sell anything Chartmojo. The trading psychologist's way around the 1400 cognitive biases, avoid labels, do what price does not the commentary in ones head...if x occurs do x1 if y occurs do y1. Imagine different scenarios, take the one that confirms. Imagine the High probability scenario first, you may not have time to imagine the second. Good luck.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 gasta 
Chicago, IL, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Depends on your style/market. Best if you can find someone who can give insight to build on what you are doing well. Check out these guys, they are all different.
Brian Watt (ES futures scalp): [yt]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh_s7EIUrcaijXhSPbxywiQ[/yt] (sells nothing)
Conquer Trading (Forex, indexes, crypto, metals, commodities): [yt]https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=conquer+trading+and+investing[/yt] ( has a paid chat room but the daily briefings are helpful if your style matches)
Kendall Report (Major indexes, metals, stocks): [yt]https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kendall+report[/yt] (paid sub service/software)

cdnftrstdr   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 178

SBtrader82 View Post
A couple of users suggested Julia Cordova and her channel. I don't know her and I have never taken any course with her.
However she follows me on Twitter and today she wrote to me.

Apparently she is really really, I mean REALLY GOOD. She has a system that makes 750% per week.
So....take your own conclusion. See the pictures of our conversation in attachment.

I declined her invitation to join her program because my father in law told me he always wins at the roulette, which pays 35 to 1.
Attachment 307687

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Curious if it's the real Julia Cordova that is following you and messaged you. If it is, that's kind of lame. She seems pretty normal in anything of her's I've seen or podcasts I've heard. I suspect though who is following you and messaged you is probably a knock off account, pretending to be her.

https://twitter.com/CordovaTrades is her actual account. Pretty common scam for people to be imposters of people and try to talk people into scams.

SBtrader82   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 1,333

lexknight View Post
Curious if it's the real Julia Cordova that is following you and messaged you. If it is, that's kind of lame. She seems pretty normal in anything of her's I've seen or podcasts I've heard. I suspect though who is following you and messaged you is probably a knock off account, pretending to be her.

https://twitter.com/CordovaTrades is her actual account. Pretty common scam for people to be imposters of people and try to talk people into scams.

yes you are completly right I just realized this!!! (I will delete previous post if possible, just to avoid having bad impact on the real Julia). See the picture below, the scammer have 1700 followers and the same picture. So it was not the real Cordova just someone trying to make some money behind her shoulders.

cdnftrstdr   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 178

SBtrader82 View Post
yes you are completly right I just realized this!!! (I will delete previous post if possible, just to avoid having bad impact on the real Julia). See the picture below, the scammer have 1700 followers and the same picture. So it was not the real Cordova just someone trying to make some money behind her shoulders.

Good to know it wasn't her, suspected it wasn't. Scammers are a dime a dozen these days, seems anyone with any following gets scammers trying this stuff.

Thanked by:
 txsroper 
Austin Tx

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT, TOS, TradeStation
Trading: ES, NQ, CL, GC, Option Spreads
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 13

FuturesTrader71 - [yt]https://www.youtube.com/user/FuturesTrader71[/yt] Very knowledgeable and provides good pre market info, free daily. Respect him a lot.

MboxWave - Mike Sokolik Wish Mike would do a like trade room and actually teach folks. Great software.

NoBsTrades -Matt Bowen Do the trial first. Style may not be for everyone. Definitely knows how to read first hour of market. Strictly Futures scalper

SimplerTrading - John F Carter He made over $15,000,000 this year. Very good trader. Excellent Salesman also made over $32,000,000 selling indicators and training classes.
If you are new to options great place to start. However you do not need to purchase all the slick indicators ST sales.

OptionsPlay.com - Tony Zang is very good. More experienced than he looks LoL on CNBC.

TastyTrade.com Tom Sosnoff former floor trader. Excellent Free Info at TastyTrade.com offers a ton of free things that SimplerTrading will charge for.

Power Cycle Trading - Larry Gains. Hands Down Best Value For training and Think or Swim indicators comparable to SimplerTrading but a lot cheaper.

Thanked by:
jaxfuture
Denver, CO

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

Tim Racette of eminimind posts regularly on YouTube. He has been a professional full time trader for 15 years. His YouTube videos involve trading ES using a simple, risk averse method built around 50% Fibonacci pullbacks.

Thanked by:

EDGE 
Saint Louis, Mo., USA

Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradestation
Broker: Amp/CQG, Velocity/TT, Kinetick, TS
Trading: Anything That Moves..
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 98
Thanks Received: 392

Evg577 View Post
Can you recommend any good trade channel which NOT sell courses but still provide useful (and not basic) information?

Keeping Things Real!

The Truth About Most YouTube "Trading Gurus"

---------------------------------------------

Although not exactly what most were hoping for...
Pat's YouTube Channel is "Extremely Informative!"

Patrick Boyle - Quant Finance
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCASM0cgfkJxQ1ICmRilfHLw[/yt]

---------------------------------------------

Be Safe! and Happy Holidays!

Thanked by:
 ninjated 
Blairsville, Ga USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, TF, YM, NQ
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

I've been looking at a website called https://twoleggedpullback.com/. He has a simple method based on Al Brooks and PAT's price action method... Has one indicator he sells but the method is simple to understand and apply. He's not a coach and has nothing but his indicator to sell. Might be worth checking out.

Last Updated on March 30, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts