NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Any good traders on YouTube?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SBtrader82 with 18 posts (50 thanks)
    2. looks_two faithdefender with 16 posts (15 thanks)
    3. looks_3 phantomtrader with 16 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 TheTradeSlinger with 13 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two 1BSD with 3.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SBtrader82 with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SpeculatorSeth with 2.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 90,208 views
    2. thumb_up 570 thanks given
    3. group 743 followers
    1. forum 331 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Any good traders on YouTube?

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader, MT4
Broker: IB, Global Prime
Trading: Futures CFDs
Thanks Given: 975
Thanks Received: 637

I started following this thread hoping to find something interesting.

After seeing some of the posts. I'm wonder what people are looking for?

I've been in many chat rooms, trade rooms, forums, streams, etc. and from my recollection NONE of them helped me trade better. Became a better trader overtime as I picked up this here and something there but generally they didn't help me trade better in any immediate sense.

Having said that I AM looking for something. Just not sure what.

What are we looking for? Alot of people say who they don't like, and fair enough but what's the definition of good?

I was in "The Pirate Traders $10 a month" for about 6 months. It was entertaining to say the least.

Did I learn alot? Well, I learnt very quickly I don't like Market Profile. So the problem became: this is a Market Profile Channel BUT there are some interesting and VERY smart members in there. People don't think about that. (I probably met one of the smartest options traders I've ever come across in there and he took time to teach me). So I learnt very quickly i don't like options either. Lol.

So if you want to learn Market Profile then it IS a good channel because Charles, the operator, is actually a really nice guy and will answer any pertinent questions.

And yes he sells a course. So what's wrong with that? I was in he channel before he produced that and he did it because he answered the same questions a thousand times a day. I heard it was very inexpensive and very good but I have no experience with that.

So is it good? Wasn't for me even though I thought it was great.

That Matt guy I watched because, I mean, we all go looking to youtube at some point right? It wasn't long before I noticed no structure. How can you learn anything if he isn't actually doing anything with consistency?

There are rooms like Al Brooks where they just dissect the market all day.

There are daily briefs.

There are sales pitches galore disguised as webinars.

There are nuggets of knowlegless niceties of noteworthy nothingness masquerading as real advice everywhere. Such as the former sentence.

There are free YouTube channels such as Ukspreadbetting. If you have a knowledge gap in trading and you want a straight, no BS, accurate answer you can probably find it in Mark's channel. He does have a backend product but he NEVER interrupts his teachings to push it. He has HOURS apon HOURS of content for absolutely free.

So just not sure what people are looking for? Myself included?

Any input, questions, retorts, grunts, whatever lol would be great.

Cheers

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

VirtualMark
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 73

Sandpaddict View Post
And yes he sells a course. So what's wrong with that?

Well for a start, if he has a profitable trading system then he could just scale it up and become a multi millionaire. So no need to sell courses.

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada
Market Wizard

VirtualMark View Post
Well for a start, if he has a profitable trading system then he could just scale it up and become a multi millionaire. So no need to sell courses.

He has a video for that.

The important part is in bold...

"There are free YouTube channels such as Ukspreadbetting. If you have a knowledge*gap*in trading and you want a straight, no BS, accurate answer you can probably find it in Mark's channel. He does have a backend product but he NEVER interrupts his teachings to push it. He has HOURS apon HOURS of content for absolutely free

Like I said if you want an accurate, no BS, guy in front of a white board telling you the truth, then this is the guy.

He just not an easy cash, flashy Lamborghini's, and girls kind of guy.

His content is solid, explained very well, and FREE.

Thanked by:
VirtualMark
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 73

Sandpaddict View Post
He has a video for that.

The important part is in bold...

"There are free YouTube channels such as Ukspreadbetting. If you have a knowledge*gap*in trading and you want a straight, no BS, accurate answer you can probably find it in Mark's channel. He does have a backend product but he NEVER interrupts his teachings to push it. He has HOURS apon HOURS of content for absolutely free

Like I said if you want an accurate, no BS, guy in front of a white board telling you the truth, then this is the guy.

He just not an easy cash, flashy Lamborghini's, and girls kind of guy.

His content is solid, explained very well, and FREE.

Yeah I've watched his channel for ages, that's not the point I was making. Just that if someone has a system that works they could make millions themselves. In fact, if their system was so perfect they could just code it and not have to trade anymore.

But we know that's not how it works. Anyone could know a successful trader's system and try to copy them, but they would lack the intuition to pull it off successfully. It's like riding a bike, you have to do it to learn it. There is no substitute for screen time IMO.

Thanked by:

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

VirtualMark View Post
Yeah I've watched his channel for ages, that's not the point I was making. Just that if someone has a system that works they could make millions themselves. In fact, if their system was so perfect they could just code it and not have to trade anymore.

But we know that's not how it works. Anyone could know a successful trader's system and try to copy them, but they would lack the intuition to pull it off successfully. It's like riding a bike, you have to do it to learn it. There is no substitute for screen time IMO.

"There is no substitute for screen time IMO."
This should be tattooed on every trader's right arm.

Thanked by:
 hedgeplay 
Austin Texas / US

Experience: Intermediate
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Seconds
Thanks Given: 145
Thanks Received: 211

At least today a simple full screen view of ES on Bookmap via TOS is being streamed at

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada
Market Wizard

VirtualMark View Post

Ahh for sure! Couldn't agree more on that point!

Mordecai
Melbourne Australia

Thanks Given: 44
Thanks Received: 113

Adding an endorsement for Byebyemoney.

He trades live, and you can see his entries and exits as he makes them.

When I was watching his channel a few months ago, he had busted his funded Apex accounts and was in the process of doing evaluations again. But the last couple weeks he's been posting strong results. I find it revealing that he will stream for 2 hours without making a single trade if he doesn't find a good setup.

He trades Mack's Price Action Trading System but credits Al Brooks.

Bybebyemoney is a bit controversial as it seems he tried to copy a bunch of Mack's material to put into a course he was going to sell. There was litigation. No one talks about it for reasons probably involving lawyers.

These days Byebyemoney's livestreams as well as some instructional videos are free on Youtube. He sells an indicator that you don't need to trade his strategy. He also charges a small fee for a pre-market session in which he discloses his PnL across his Apex accounts. But I don't think he charges for anything else.

BTW, after discovering Byebyemoney, I bought Mack's price action manual and found it to be excellent. Mack puts out daily Youtube videos, but he doesn't trade live, and like most after-the-fact videos I found them to be mostly useless.

I also strongly endorse VWilson's Youtube channel. He's a Mack/PATS trader.
His videos are recordings of trading sessions at 2x speed. You can see him mark up his charts, enter/exit trades, and record the results in a tracking spreadsheet. He types notes directly onto the chart to explain what he's doing. No verbal narration. Unfortunately it's not live, but it's a great way to learn the scalping strategy used by Byebyemoney and Mack (and me!).

Thanked by:

Joseph Connors 
Colorado Springs, CO USA

Experience: Intermediate
Broker: Ninjatrade
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 93
Thanks Received: 106

Mordecai View Post

BTW, after discovering Byebyemoney, I bought Mack's price action manual and found it to be excellent. Mack puts out daily Youtube videos, but he doesn't trade live, and like most after-the-fact videos I found them to be mostly useless.

His videos are recordings of trading sessions at 2x speed. You can see him mark up his charts, enter/exit trades, and record the results in a tracking spreadsheet. He types notes directly onto the chart to explain what he's doing. No verbal narration. Unfortunately it's not live, but it's a great way to learn the scalping strategy used by Byebyemoney and Mack (and me!).

You seem to contradict the first part of your post. Does he trade live or not?

How are you doing using his strategy?

Persistence! Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not ... nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not ... Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not ... The world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent!
Calvin Coolidge

Sazon 
Roswell, GA

Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 930
Thanks Received: 472

Mordecai View Post

When I was watching his channel a few months ago, he had busted his funded Apex accounts and was in the process of doing evaluations again. But the last couple weeks he's been posting strong results. I find it revealing that he will stream for 2 hours without making a single trade if he doesn't find a good setup.

He trades Mack's Price Action Trading System but credits Al Brooks.

Bybebyemoney is a bit controversial as it seems he tried to copy a bunch of Mack's material to put into a course he was going to sell. There was litigation. No one talks about it for reasons probably involving lawyers.

These days Byebyemoney's livestreams as well as some instructional videos are free on Youtube. He sells an indicator that you don't need to trade his strategy. He also charges a small fee for a pre-market session in which he discloses his PnL across his Apex accounts. But I don't think he charges for anything else.

So did Bybebyemoney ever confirm that he's really Michael Chin? If so, he was confronted about whether he was indeed Michael Chin or not several times in the past and he denied it every time. So, if he's now saying that he is in fact Michael Chin then that would also make him a .....

Last Updated on March 30, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts