NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Orders being moved by who

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wisp with 5 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two userque with 4 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 matthew28 with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ShadowFox with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matthew28 with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ShadowFox with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 userque with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wisp with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 2,556 views
    2. thumb_up 7 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 15 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Orders being moved by who

matthew28 
United Kingdom
Elite_Member

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

I screen record my sessions too. Generally because I like to watch them to learn from, but occasionally there is an trade execution I want to look back at and check.
I like https://www.flashbackrecorder.com/express/ and would recommend it (on my Windows PC), if you don't already have a program.
Flashback Express is the free version without editing which does the job for me.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Strategy stop orders partially filled
EasyLanguage Programming
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

userque
Chicago IL

Thanks Given: 573
Thanks Received: 130

matthew28 View Post
I screen record my sessions too. Generally because I like to watch them to learn from, but occasionally there is an trade execution I want to look back at and check.
I like https://www.flashbackrecorder.com/express/ and would recommend it (on my Windows PC), if you don't already have a program.
Flashback Express is the free version without editing which does the job for me.

Thanks.

I use the built-in Windows 10 recorder. It auto stops at 4 hours. So it must be restarted. It can record one particular window, even if it's in the background. So you can surf etc. without that surfing being included in the recording.

Thanked by:
Mozart2112
Minoqua Wi USA

Thanks Given: 69
Thanks Received: 86

It just doesn't make any sense... If you were in a short position and your stop didn't trail but instead went up? that would never happen as someone has already pointed out that would put you at a bigger risk... sounds like maybe human error and you should accept it. I don't know, has that ever happened to anyone else?

lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 492
Thanks Received: 296

^On that note, in Ninja Trader, you can customize to move your stops automatically after certain amount of ticks. Therefore, if the price moves x number of ticks with this feature set to run, your stops will move automatically as well.

OP, can you please confirm you DO NOT have this feature set? Thanks.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

userque
Chicago IL

Thanks Given: 573
Thanks Received: 130

lightsun47 View Post
^On that note, in Ninja Trader, you can customize to move your stops automatically after certain amount of ticks. Therefore, if the price moves x number of ticks with this feature set to run, your stops will move automatically as well.

OP, can you please confirm you DO NOT have this feature set? Thanks.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

You can easily do this in NT; but it would trail, not move away.

Of course, you can code a stop to move anywhere you want, but this would take deliberate code. Code that's not built into NT.

But you can attach a stop to an indicator easily. If attached to a Bollinger band, for example, a stop can move away. But again, activating this would have to be a deliberate action.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,527
Thanks Received: 26,292

wisp View Post
A couple of times I have noticed that my stop loss orders move on their own. How is this possible. Say I am in a short and have placed my stop loss order on my chart, I suddenly see the order move up in the chart. What exactly do you think is happening in this situation? Thanks for your help.

I am late coming to this thread, but I read through the posts and I noticed that you never mentioned the trading platform or the broker or the service that is transmitting your trades.

The only possible sources of this behavior would seem to be:

1) the platform (Ninja 7 or 8, Sierra Chart, etc.)
2) the broker
3) the data provider/trade routing service (CQG, Rithmic, etc.)

If you can specify each of these, at least it would give people something more to go on. As it is, we just know it happened on YM, which is not a lot of info.

Also, all of the above parties should have logs of whatever they processed, some of which might be available to you on the platform, but which they could go back and check if they researched an event. If you have a specific event to report to them, I think you should expect a response.

This is certainly an odd thing, but more information is needed for anyone to have an idea that might help. And ultimately, it is the responsibility of your broker to accurately process your trades, so inquiries to the broker or the other parties who handle the trade would be the best way to go. I think you would need a specific and recent instance to give them, though.

I hope you get to the bottom of this.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

Last Updated on January 14, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts