NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Tradovate's Ask Me Anything (AMA) w/Rick Tomsic (Founder) and Brian Weis (President)

Discussion in Tradovate

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Tradovate with 22 posts (58 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 16 posts (30 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Ghappy21 with 6 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 5 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one aBuzz54 with 5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Rrrracer with 3.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Tradovate with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 31,559 views
    2. thumb_up 133 thanks given
    3. group 636 followers
    1. forum 95 posts
    2. attach_file 13 attachments

Search this Thread

Tradovate's Ask Me Anything (AMA) w/Rick Tomsic (Founder) and Brian Weis (President)

Ghappy21
plano TX/USA

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 66

Flashforge A few months ago, Tradovate was bought by NinjaTrader. I would assume (I have no factual knowledge) that being owned by Ninja would give Tradovate more resources. Hopefully, there is a very bright future for the Tradovate app and infrastructure, under Ninja ownership.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

whuffo 
Dallas, TX USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Charts
Broker: AMP
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 27

Ghappy21 View Post
whuffo. I was highly active on Tradovate at that exact time. All was fine. I am on the desktop app. I use Tradvoate every day, all day. Very reliable. I have Motivewave and TOS up at the same time. If there was an issue with Tradovate, it would be obvious to me. I trade frequently, so eyes are on screen a lot. Maybe the web app is different but I do not use it.

Good that you were unaffected but you not having issues does not mean that others did not. It was reported on multiple forums and TradeDay acknowledged that TOV had issues. Not everyone was on the same server.

whuffo 
Dallas, TX USA

Platform: Sierra Charts
Broker: AMP
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 27

Ghappy21 View Post
whuffo Also, to catch one of those instant 20 pt dives is difficult. Large institutions trade based on MICRO seconds. A blink of an eye is 200 MILLI seconds. A millisecond has 1,000 micro seconds. One needs to have an order standing, at CME, stop or limit, to catch a super fast move. Fast clicking will leave you way far behind the price movement.

It took about 90 seconds to go from 3815 to 3788, hardly a flash crash. Of course longs should have had a stop in place. Question would be, would they have worked if the server you were on had issues?

Ghappy21
plano TX/USA

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 66

Yes, limit and stop orders with Tradovate are held at the CME.

Maybe the move took 90 secs but most of it in much less time. Would you have evaluated, made a decision, and executed fast enough?

For me, no. That is why for events I use stop orders, releasing them 3-4 secs before the event.

Doug Pearson 
Cantonment

Platform: Ninja trader
Trading: CL, GC, currencies
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 4

Jigsaw and Bookmap data feed:

I understand you have a partnership with both of these. Here is my situation. I currently have my account with Ninja trader brokerage , continuum is my data feed, purchased a lifetime license with ninja trader several years ago. I have recently purchased Jigsaw and am looking at bookmap. From what I understand continuum is not a good feed for bookmap and jigsaw does not have full functionality with ninja trader. So I am looking for some answers . Thanks.

craiginmaine 
Portland, ME

Platform: Tradovate, NT
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Is there a platform where you can build an autotrader, and use it to control a Tradovate account? I see this has been asked about Ninjatrader, and as of now the answer is no.

If I wanted to autotrade a Tradovate account, what would be required?

I see that their API is open to "parters" not "retail". I don't understand exactly what that means other than I probably can't build a program on my home PC and use it to control Tradovate.

Last Updated on December 4, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts