NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

FootPrintV2 Chart for NT8

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mk77ch with 47 posts (255 thanks)
    2. looks_two trymph with 29 posts (29 thanks)
    3. looks_3 brettji with 20 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Alinghy with 17 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one mk77ch with 5.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two trymph with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 brettji with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 zt379 with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 71,693 views
    2. thumb_up 394 thanks given
    3. group 123 followers
    1. forum 225 posts
    2. attach_file 107 attachments

Search this Thread

FootPrintV2 Chart for NT8

Alinghy 
Monaco - Montecarlo

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT8
Trading: ES 6E ZB YM
Thanks Given: 267
Thanks Received: 60

Hi injpowwetrust,

many thanks for your suggestion of this "news" indicator. Yes, I had something similar years ago but then it stopped working and so I abandoned it.

This one seems to me working properly ...

Appreciated!

Have a good day
A.

What Life is ?
Only two things are infinite: universe and human stupidity, about the first one I am not so sure ... (A. Einstein)
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
static margin on the right side of a chart
NinjaTrader
Legends Trading: Ask Me Anything (AMA) w/Greg Khojikian CEO
Trading Reviews and Vendors

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
26 thanks
System Performance Stats Comparison
13 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
9 thanks
Favorite High Probability Setup
9 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
8 thanks

mk77ch 
Switzerland

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Dorman
Trading: Currency Futures, ES
Thanks Given: 29
Thanks Received: 356

Th supply/demand indicator has an input option "draw global" which when enabled, draws global
drawing objects (zones).

the idea is to have this indicator attached to a chart with a lot of bar data to get a lot of zones while you limit the bar data on the footprint chart to a few days.

there are also two other options for bullish and bearish template names. if you double click on a demand or supply zone, configure colors etc. and save it as a template with the name of the template from the indicator, all zones will be drawn with this template.

All the best,
Mike

Alinghy View Post
Hi Mike,

couple of questions:

Is there a way to put the "Supply/Demand Zones indicator" above in the first level after the black background of the chartbackground / behind the candles and anything else shown? And now the second question: how come if I insert this indicator into the left chart (let's call it the main one), the one on the left hand side of the image, then I also find it visible in the other charts where the ES is always loaded?

Is this mandatory or is it perhaps due to the automatic choice of the same indicator in the setup menu "data series -> Input series" (see red arrows)? As you can see in the chart (right hand side of the person looking at the image) the SupDemZones indicator is not deliberately loaded in this case... It seems strange to me, am I wrong or is it all due to the fact that the "SupDemZones" indicator is is it linked to the ES instrument and therefore necessarily appears in all the charts where the ES is loaded?

I find this a bit annoying, but I hope I'm the one making a mistake... however, if I remove the indicator in question from the chart (left hand side of the person looking at the image), it disappears from all the charts where the indicator ES is loaded.

I attach the example image for greater clarity...

Sorry, I add that if in the second chart the one on the right I insert the SupDemZones indicator and then remove the check mark in the "visible" field the "light blue" horizontal bars of the SupDemZones they fade only slightly and therefore remain clearly visible... while if I uncheck the "visible" field on the left chart (the one defined as primary above) the horizontal bars disappear completely in every charts where ES is loaded as is logical... I would say.

Thanks in advance for anything you can tell me about it and sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards
A.

ES JUN24 (5 Minute) 2024_05_02 (08_58_27)

ES JUN24 (5 Minute) 2024_05_02 (08_58_27)

I never lose. I either win or learn.
Nelson Mandela

The Potion | Konje | Pride | Stick Season
Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Alinghy 
Monaco - Montecarlo

mk77ch View Post
Th supply/demand indicator has an input option "draw global" which when enabled, draws global
drawing objects (zones).

the idea is to have this indicator attached to a chart with a lot of bar data to get a lot of zones while you limit the bar data on the footprint chart to a few days.

there are also two other options for bullish and bearish template names. if you double click on a demand or supply zone, configure colors etc. and save it as a template with the name of the template from the indicator, all zones will be drawn with this template.

All the best,
Mike

Hi Mike,

I am sorry... probably this morning it was too early and my eyes were still closed and I missed this choice in the menu, in fact this thing set without the possibility of choice seemed strange to me.

Couldn't you post the typical setting and an image you talked about in the following of your kind reply? Quote (the idea is to have this indicator attached to a chart with a lot of bar data to get a lot of zones while you limit the bar data on the footprint chart to a few days.) Unquote

Last but not least, is there any way to pass the horizontal bars behind footprint columns and candles ? It would be useful and would improve the visibility of the whole and since you built the indicator, perhaps it is not too difficult for you to implement this choise...

Thank you and have a good evening
A.

What Life is ?
Only two things are infinite: universe and human stupidity, about the first one I am not so sure ... (A. Einstein)
 MrTrader 
ITAJAI SC/BRAZIL

Broker: Clear Corretora
Trading: DOLFUT, WINFUT
Thanks Given: 1,337
Thanks Received: 229

Alinghy View Post
Hi Mike,

I am sorry... probably this morning it was too early and my eyes were still closed and I missed this choice in the menu, in fact this thing set without the possibility of choice seemed strange to me.

Couldn't you post the typical setting and an image you talked about in the following of your kind reply? Quote (the idea is to have this indicator attached to a chart with a lot of bar data to get a lot of zones while you limit the bar data on the footprint chart to a few days.) Unquote

Last but not least, is there any way to pass the horizontal bars behind footprint columns and candles ? It would be useful and would improve the visibility of the whole and since you built the indicator, perhaps it is not too difficult for you to implement this choise...

Thank you and have a good evening

A.

Try to change de Z Order of objects
Send them to back

Also, if you select candles/dataseries you can bring them up front (z = 1)

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpguides/nt8/NT%20HelpGuide%20English.html?chart_objects.htm

Thanked by:

Alinghy 
Monaco - Montecarlo

MrTrader View Post
Try to change de Z Order of objects
Send them to back

Also, if you select candles/dataseries you can bring them up front (z = 1)

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpguides/nt8/NT%20HelpGuide%20English.html?chart_objects.htm

Hi MrTrader,

thank you for suggestion ! Yes, I already know it, but the question I raised was related to the fact of directly setting a specific indicator, by default, which would be well positioned at the base level or the most backward layer, so to speak behind everything and in the background of the chart, for simplicity and to be able to avoid that in In the case of a new installation, a whole series of setting operations must be carried out: this once it is assumed that the specific indicator is logically positioned in a standard manner on the basic background.

For the rest, simply first click, for example, on a candle in the series and then right click, then choose "Bring to Front" and these will be plotted on the first layer and therefore on the surface...

The above, obviously, if I am not making some logical error...

Thanks again for your contribution.
Have a good day
A.

All this beautiful discussion and this beautiful and clean image created with the settings, as mentioned, first click and then right click on each indicator, but if one closes, saves and restarts NT8, they are all lost anyway...

But what is important...From NT Guide "Note: Drawing Objects originating from a NinjaScript indicator or strategy will all generally share the same z-order as the script. In this case, the z-order of objects must be changed within the code of the indicator or strategy."

P.S.: I don't know how to program and therefore I wouldn't know how to insert by default the setting of the position of the plotted image in an indicator: for example, if one has the source code, which from what I understand, again if I'm not mistaken, Mike having built the FootPrint should precisely possess.
Perhaps it would be possible to have a field among the setting options that can be set in the setup, where the position of the indicator between the various layers can be quickly and stably inserted for that specific chart.

So, in relation to the SupDem Zones indicator, how is it possible to definitively change its position and bring it to the first layer...if any?

But this is just my thought...

Regards

What Life is ?

DavidHP 
Isla Mujeres, MX
Legendary Market Wizard

Broker: Ninjatrader / Optimus Futures / AmpFutures
Trading: ES / 6E / 6B / CL
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 11,355
Thanks Received: 2,754

mk77ch View Post
My workspace (attached) consists of two charts:
  • a 5 minute chart with 60 days of data (or more, based on what is needed)
  • a 5 minute chart with 5 days of data

All the best,
Mike

Greetings,
FWIW: I downloaded the template "FootPrint (dark).xml"
I tried to load it on a 5 min chart but it fails to load.
I think I got the settings 'manually' from the xml files but not sure if they are complete.

Nice indicator thanks for the share.

Rejoice in the Thunderstorms of Life . . .
Knowing it's not about Clouds or Wind. . .
But Learning to Dance in the Rain ! ! !
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 MrTrader 
ITAJAI SC/BRAZIL

DavidHP View Post
Greetings,

FWIW: I downloaded the template "FootPrint (dark).xml"

I tried to load it on a 5 min chart but it fails to load.

I think I got the settings 'manually' from the xml files but not sure if they are complete.

Nice indicator thanks for the share.

Copy and paste de xml into Workspace folder, under templates. Then open NT8 and open Footprint workspace.

Once it is open you can tweek the chart and save the chart as templates too...

At least, this is how I did it

DavidHP 
Isla Mujeres, MX
Legendary Market Wizard

Broker: Ninjatrader / Optimus Futures / AmpFutures
Trading: ES / 6E / 6B / CL
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 11,355
Thanks Received: 2,754

MrTrader View Post
Copy and paste de xml into Workspace folder, under templates. Then open NT8 and open Footprint workspace.

Once it is open you can tweek the chart and save the chart as templates too...

At least, this is how I did it

Yes, I loaded it the same way.

When the template is loaded on a bare chart, none of the indicators are loaded.

I was able to manually create a template with similar settings by loading the indicators, creating a template, and then manually editing the template. (Copy/paste from the template downloaded).

Normally, this is not the way it works.
Perhaps the template provided is for NT 8.2... I have NT 8.1

Rejoice in the Thunderstorms of Life . . .
Knowing it's not about Clouds or Wind. . .
But Learning to Dance in the Rain ! ! !
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 MrTrader 
ITAJAI SC/BRAZIL

DavidHP View Post
Yes, I loaded it the same way.

When the template is loaded on a bare chart, none of the indicators are loaded.

I was able to manually create a template with similar settings by loading the indicators, creating a template, and then manually editing the template. (Copy/paste from the template downloaded).

Normally, this is not the way it works.
Perhaps the template provided is for NT 8.2... I have NT 8.1

I am using 8.0.28.0

Alinghy 
Monaco - Montecarlo

Hi All,

Is there anyone among you who can help me find a good source of setups for ATM strategies running on NT8, to test ?

Thanks in advance

Have a good and profitable week...
A.

Nice move today morning my time

What Life is ?
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: ES Jun24 - short recording afternoon - 2024-05-06_15-47-33.mp4

Last Updated on May 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts