NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

FootPrintV2 Chart for NT8

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mk77ch with 44 posts (252 thanks)
    2. looks_two trymph with 29 posts (29 thanks)
    3. looks_3 brettji with 20 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 zt379 with 14 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one mk77ch with 5.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two trymph with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 brettji with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 zt379 with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 68,966 views
    2. thumb_up 386 thanks given
    3. group 122 followers
    1. forum 207 posts
    2. attach_file 101 attachments

Search this Thread

FootPrintV2 Chart for NT8

Alinghy 
Monaco - Montecarlo

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT8
Trading: ES 6E ZB YM
Thanks Given: 265
Thanks Received: 59

mk77ch View Post
these colored bars are not drawn by the Footprint indicator. i don't know what they are visualizing.

cheers, mike

Mike, yes you are right, these colored bars are drawn with a special frame around in some cases by BI TSI plus an indicator

that I found time ago here , but I got troubbles to find out a detailed description ...

Will ask to "brettji" ... mybe he has more details ...

Regards
A.

What Life is ?
Only two things are infinite: universe and human stupidity, about the first one I am not so sure ... (A. Einstein)

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
22 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
19 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
15 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
15 thanks
EG Indicators
11 thanks

Alinghy 
Monaco - Montecarlo

brettji View Post
ice_screenshot_20240313-043758

Alinghy View Post
Hi Brettji

Sorry to bother you...

I would like to ask you for clarification regarding the chart that I attach here and which concerns today's stock market day: could you illustrate the various types of candles refined with a frame around them that can be seen in the chart, clear green bordered by a light line, pale green, intense red and pale red, intense red bordered by a green line and intense green bordered by a red line etc etc..

Thanks in advance while I apologize for the time you may want to spend.
rgds
A.

ES JUN24 (5 Minute) 2024_04_17XYZ

What Life is ?
Only two things are infinite: universe and human stupidity, about the first one I am not so sure ... (A. Einstein)

brettji 
phoenix, az

Experience: None
Platform: NT8 TOS
Broker: Ninja - TOS
Trading: ES and stuff
Thanks Given: 148
Thanks Received: 206

mk77ch View Post
these colored bars are not drawn by the Footprint indicator. i don't know what they are visualizing.

cheers, mike

They are the painted bars from the TSI Plus indicator from the downloads section.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Alinghy 
Monaco - Montecarlo

brettji View Post
They are the painted bars from the TSI Plus indicator from the downloads section.

Hi Brettij,

exactly BI TSI plus, by the way it seems you posted it into the download section, I thought you might be able to give some more detail

on the meaning of the color of the candles and different colors of the frames around them....

hope you'll be so kind and can give help
Thanks
A.

What Life is ?

Alinghy 
Monaco - Montecarlo

brettji View Post

Hi Brettij,

I apologize in advance for what I will write below... but in your opinion is there a sense in posting a customized indicator in the "download" section as it appears from the description you made of it upon insertion and which you say having asked a team specialized in the creation of trading utilities, without also obtaining and making available to those who wish to download it a description of what the indicator itself shows?

I would understand if you had found it by chance on the web, but so... if we want to give us a hand, because your making it available brings me back to this feeling of collaboration, it leaves me surprised, where is the usefulness of being able to use a something for which at least the important details are not known other than the fact that we are talking about a Tsi indicator... I imagine the frames of each candle will make sense otherwise what sense is there in delimiting them with frames of particular different colors or the substantial absence of these frames will have a pure logical sense and the intention of wanting to identify a particular action between buyers vs sellers and vice versa as well as finally for the different shades of green or red ???

With these considerations of mine I do not wish to offend anyone, but to bring a simple and clear reflection.
Thank you
regds
A.

What Life is ?

Alinghy 
Monaco - Montecarlo

mk77ch View Post
Hello,

i've tried to explain a few of the things using your image.

ES JUN24 (5 Minute) 2024_04_15_1

I've also recently uploaded a new version of the indicator which includes a few fixes and some new features.

All the best,
Mike

Hi Mike,

I'll upload an image of this morning my time in Montecarlo, regarding ES June24 5minutes chart, can you kindly provide your key to understanding this early chart by highlighting and explaining once and for all everything that you see as important: there are so many partly unknown details, which certainly have a "name", so to speak, and above all a key of reading as said before which will have its importance ...
I know it is not a small job, but thanks in advance for whatever you want / can do on the merits,
even step by step a little at a time!

My best regards
Alinghy
ES JUN24 (5 Minute) 2024_04_30 (09_02_34)

What Life is ?

mk77ch 
Switzerland

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Dorman
Trading: Currency Futures, ES
Thanks Given: 27
Thanks Received: 353

Hello Alinghy,

well the problem is that i don't know your trading background. Trading and specially trading orderflow has so many aspects which have to be learned and studied for quite some time.
There is no way i can and want to pack all this knowledge into a forum post. The other thing is that i am pretty busy with family, work, trading, projects and the house, so i simply don't have the time to spend hours on here and explain charts to strangers. Please don't get me wrong, i appreciate every person who is using the freely shared indicators and i try to do my best to answer specific questions when i see that something isn't clear or self-explanatory.

So i try to keep this as simple as possible and tell you the basics on how i use the indicator.

One of the reasons i wanted to create my own Footprint chart in the first place was the sensory overload caused by these charts back when i started to write the first version.
My goal was to create a visual footprint chart which is reduced to the essential information which are needed to make proper trading decisions. Another thing i was missing, was the possibility to quickly switch between the footprint chart and the standard candle chart.

I am trading the MES and the ES Futures contracts only and have done this for years. Every instrument has its own character and peculiarities. By sticking to one instrument you learn about all these characteristics and with time it gets easier to read the charts of that instrument.

I've tried many different chart types from tick, range and renko to other custom ones but always ended up back on the 1 minute or 5 minute charts. so i would recommend sticking to the 5 minute chart as long as the stops don't get too large based on volatility which changes over different months of the year.

As i've said earlier i spent quite some time thinking about the sensory overload caused by charts and specially footprint charts.
Packing your charts with indicators gives most people the feeling of adding another layer of confirmation or certainty but in fact, keeps them from making trading decisions because of sensory overload and confusion.

My workspace (attached) consists of two charts:
  • a 5 minute chart with 60 days of data (or more, based on what is needed)
  • a 5 minute chart with 5 days of data

The 5 minute chart with more data is running a simplified version of the Supply/Demand Zones indicator (attached) which can draw global zones (on all charts) and is used to get a quick overview of the bigger picture.
The other 5 minute chart is running the FootprintV2, a 21 period ema channel (high, low, median) and the daily vwap without any deviations.

The vwap and emas are used together with the current market structure to determine the actual trending direction. Pullbacks to the 21 period ema or vwap provide setups for continuation.
The zones provide setups for continuation and reversals based on where they are located.

The last element to fine tune entries, exits and everything else, is based on the footprint.
I usually just watch the candle stick chart and use the hotkey to switch to the footprint chart on entries, exits or anything else that needs a closer observation.
To fine tune entries, watch out for where the most volume has traded over the last x bars (dodger blue shaded), where the last few POC's are located and how price reacts around your potential entry level.
To fine tune stops, give the trade enough room, place your stops behind POC's, zones and if above/below highs, always use the second close high or low.

And that's pretty much everything about the technicals.
Everything else is psychology.
Develop rules around your setups and stick to them.
Always use a stop and don't touch it.
Don't overtrade, have patience.

Since i've created this footprint chart, many other good products have been developed. One of the best can be found here: https://tradedevils-indicators.com/products/footprint-orderflow-indicator-ninjatrader
They sure have an actual support and manuals to dig into so a lot of things will be much easier to learn.

All the best,
Mike

I never lose. I either win or learn.
Nelson Mandela

The Potion | Konje | Pride | Stick Season
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: SupDemZones.zip
Elite Membership required to download: FootPrint (dark).xml
Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Alinghy 
Monaco - Montecarlo

mk77ch View Post
Hello Alinghy,

well the problem is that i don't know your trading background. Trading and specially trading orderflow has so many aspects which have to be learned and studied for quite some time.
There is no way i can and want to pack all this knowledge into a forum post. The other thing is that i am pretty busy with family, work, trading, projects and the house, so i simply don't have the time to spend hours on here and explain charts to strangers. Please don't get me wrong, i appreciate every person who is using the freely shared indicators and i try to do my best to answer specific questions when i see that something isn't clear or self-explanatory.

So i try to keep this as simple as possible and tell you the basics on how i use the indicator.

One of the reasons i wanted to create my own Footprint chart in the first place was the sensory overload caused by these charts back when i started to write the first version.
My goal was to create a visual footprint chart which is reduced to the essential information which are needed to make proper trading decisions. Another thing i was missing, was the possibility to quickly switch between the footprint chart and the standard candle chart.

I am trading the MES and the ES Futures contracts only and have done this for years. Every instrument has its own character and peculiarities. By sticking to one instrument you learn about all these characteristics and with time it gets easier to read the charts of that instrument.

I've tried many different chart types from tick, range and renko to other custom ones but always ended up back on the 1 minute or 5 minute charts. so i would recommend sticking to the 5 minute chart as long as the stops don't get too large based on volatility which changes over different months of the year.

As i've said earlier i spent quite some time thinking about the sensory overload caused by charts and specially footprint charts.
Packing your charts with indicators gives most people the feeling of adding another layer of confirmation or certainty but in fact, keeps them from making trading decisions because of sensory overload and confusion.

My workspace (attached) consists of two charts:
  • a 5 minute chart with 60 days of data (or more, based on what is needed)
  • a 5 minute chart with 5 days of data

The 5 minute chart with more data is running a simplified version of the Supply/Demand Zones indicator (attached) which can draw global zones (on all charts) and is used to get a quick overview of the bigger picture.
The other 5 minute chart is running the FootprintV2, a 21 period ema channel (high, low, median) and the daily vwap without any deviations.

The vwap and emas are used together with the current market structure to determine the actual trending direction. Pullbacks to the 21 period ema or vwap provide setups for continuation.
The zones provide setups for continuation and reversals based on where they are located.

The last element to fine tune entries, exits and everything else, is based on the footprint.
I usually just watch the candle stick chart and use the hotkey to switch to the footprint chart on entries, exits or anything else that needs a closer observation.
To fine tune entries, watch out for where the most volume has traded over the last x bars (dodger blue shaded), where the last few POC's are located and how price reacts around your potential entry level.
To fine tune stops, give the trade enough room, place your stops behind POC's, zones and if above/below highs, always use the second close high or low.

And that's pretty much everything about the technicals.
Everything else is psychology.
Develop rules around your setups and stick to them.
Always use a stop and don't touch it.
Don't overtrade, have patience.

Since i've created this footprint chart, many other good products have been developed. One of the best can be found here: https://tradedevils-indicators.com/products/footprint-orderflow-indicator-ninjatrader
They sure have an actual support and manuals to dig into so a lot of things will be much easier to learn.

All the best,
Mike

Hi Mike

I would like to thank you for your valuable contribution.

Now I have a question: where can you find reliable, real-time news on the ES?
I also use some news sites for announcements that affect the stocks,futures etc ... markets every day, such as...

https://www.fxstreet.com/economic-calendar
https://tradingview.com/economic-calendar/
https://www.investing.com/economic-calendar/
https://www.forexfactory.com/calendar,,,

but it would be useful for me to have a further qualified source, to be able to verify extremely quickly, the reason i.e. for such a nervous and bullish spike like the one that is right now taking the Es above 5100 again...

Thanks for your time
A.

ES JUN24 (5 Minute) 2024_05_01 (20_51_28)

What Life is ?

Last Updated on May 1, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts