NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Silver in 2011

Discussion in Commodities

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 47 posts (30 thanks)
    2. looks_two whatnext with 45 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Donald with 36 posts (17 thanks)
    4. looks_4 MXASJ with 14 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one MXASJ with 0.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two aquarian1 with 0.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 whatnext with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Donald with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 42,306 views
    2. thumb_up 103 thanks given
    3. group 13 followers
    1. forum 184 posts
    2. attach_file 69 attachments

Search this Thread

Silver in 2011

rishi 
India

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ensign, Advanced Get
Trading: Index Futures
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 7

If you look at Silver in hourly charts is it a HNS formation with neckline at 47.80 ?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

martifc 
Clerkenwell, London

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 26

was the flash crash caused by bankers taking advantage of the Osama Bin Laden rumour/news to sell heavily in a thin market?

technical analysis is next to useless at times like these. balls of steel much more useful.

Donald 
Gilford, ON, Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT
Trading: NQ, ES
Thanks Given: 56
Thanks Received: 33

martifc View Post
was the flash crash caused by bankers taking advantage of the Osama Bin Laden rumour/news to sell heavily in a thin market?

technical analysis is next to useless at times like these. balls of steel much more useful.

haha..isn't that the truth!

I can't believe i haven't done anything STUPID so far... it certainly has been testing.
What this thread really needs is an expert in the US dollar index.

rishi 
India

Platform: Ensign, Advanced Get
Trading: Index Futures
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 7

Agreed with Donald - Gold / Crude oil are moving inversely proportional to the dollar index while silver is a bit more subdued post its parabolic upmove.

I read recently (maybe on financial sense) that dollar index has this 20 year old HNS formation.

take a look a this post on a blog US Dollar Decline Will Accelerate ? Russell|Run Red Hot!

Donald 
Gilford, ON, Canada

rishi View Post
Agreed with Donald - Gold / Crude oil are moving inversely proportional to the dollar index while silver is a bit more subdued post its parabolic upmove.

I read recently (maybe on financial sense) that dollar index has this 20 year old HNS formation.

take a look a this post on a blog US Dollar Decline Will Accelerate ? Russell|Run Red Hot!

On the USD, i just had a short conversation with a broker friend who is a VP with a big bank brokerage, i asked what the boys in his back room think on the DXY, and he says they are internally forecasting that it hits $70. He agrees that gold $2,000 is in sight, for what its worth - ( that is the Canadian banking establishment talking).
Don't sell your silver..

Thanked by:
 Donald 
Gilford, ON, Canada

martifc View Post

Coming back to your astute observation, because it just hit me that you are probably more than correct. The OBL story would have been known in advance to many. I was trying to figure out what turned gold. I think you hit on it. Remember those unexplained shorts of 10 years ago? It fits.

MXASJ 
Asia

Platform: NinjaTrader, TOS
Thanks Given: 109
Thanks Received: 800

martifc View Post
... balls of steel ...

I believe "testicular fortitude" is a more polite term. Also unaffected by cold weather .

Donald 
Gilford, ON, Canada

Anybody else buying? I just completed a swing trade, i'm fully long again at $41.10, hoping it bottomed, at least for the next 15 min.. lol (buyer's remorse is already setting in).

worldwary 
Williamsburg, VA

Platform: ThinkorSwim
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 259
Thanks Received: 791

Donald View Post
Anybody else buying? I just completed a swing trade, i'm fully long again at $41.10, hoping it bottomed, at least for the next 15 min.. lol (buyer's remorse is already setting in).

I think the easy money has now been made to the downside so it's no longer a screaming short, but feels like a risky long here. Maybe that's the right time to buy, when buying is scariest.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Donald 
Gilford, ON, Canada

worldwary View Post
I think the easy money has now been made to the downside so it's no longer a screaming short, but feels like a risky long here. Maybe that's the right time to buy, when buying is scariest.

I'm guessing it cycles in this channel for bit longer, maybe a few more days. The range is about $5.00, or so it appears at the moment. Right now i'm out of powder, and hoping for a target tonight of $45/$46.00 to unload. I'm thinking as long as gold bounces along, it should be safe. Its fun action anyway, at least until i get slapped.

Last Updated on June 25, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts