NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Charts: tick vs time ??

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 7 posts (3 thanks)
    2. looks_two uexkuell with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 redratsal with 4 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Silvester17 with 3 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one worldwary with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two redratsal with 1.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 MWinfrey with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Jigsaw Trading with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 18,193 views
    2. thumb_up 14 thanks given
    3. group 7 followers
    1. forum 24 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Charts: tick vs time ??

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

Good point Silvester.

I've disabled PMs on my account. That'll stop the blighters!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

uexkuell 
Pt Vala

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Proprietary
Trading: CL, EUR, DAX
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 31

DionysusToast View Post
Let me be totally honest with you. I am currently involved in a commercial venture and one of the products does this.

I'd prefer not to be promoting this on the trading forums as I enjoy participating on them and I don't want (or see the need) to be using forums as a means of commercial gain. There's enough scammers on the forums already - although futures.io (formerly BMT) seems to have very few. I'd rather not be considered as one, rather my very few customers will know me as a supplier of niche products.

Not much of a suprise.

It was already pretty obvious that you are the guy behind the video that you linked to.
In other words you are promoting already and definitively not in a very subtle way.

When looking at your website your business model is quite obvious:
- Make big promises / claims
- Set entry level high (in terms of $, keeps customers from exiting because they don't want to realize loss)
- Don't show any substance

Not very convincing.
As long as someone makes promises and doesn't show any evidence or details ("re-assembling split orders" and more) I do not trust these claims.

uexkuell View Post
Not much of a suprise.

It was already pretty obvious that you are the guy behind the video that you linked to.
In other words you are promoting already and definitively not in a very subtle way.

When looking at your website your business model is quite obvious:
- Make big promises / claims
- Set entry level high (in terms of $, keeps customers from exiting because they don't want to realize loss)
- Don't show any substance

Not very convincing.
As long as someone makes promises and doesn't show any evidence or details ("re-assembling split orders" and more) I do not trust these claims.

Actually - that video is not from me, it just explains the issue far better than I could in a post on here. I'm from the UK and I assure you that accent and voice certainly isn't mine.

The web site you looked at isn't mine either, nor will you find a website related to my real name or board name.

The prices you saw weren't mine as that's not my site.

The promises you saw also aren't mine as that's not my site.

As for re-assembling split orders - I am in the development stages of a commercial venture into which I have sunk costs - I can't put up screen shots of the new products as it'd allow someone with more resources than me to rip the idea off. I thinl that'll happen anyway but I want to be able to legitimately claim that I did it first.

I can show you this much:

21st Jan, 2011 - you can chect the time & sales for that time for the ES and tell me if you see the same thing or not.

As I mentioned - I have disabled PMs on my account as I enjoy the boards for banter. Try PMing me if you like.

So - given that people can't contact me & that you can't find my website based on any details here - how exactly am I promoting myself or a product which isn't even available to buy yet?

redratsal 
Milan (I)

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: FDAX,6E,CL,YM,NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 1,215
Thanks Received: 2,090

DionysusToast View Post
Let me be totally honest with you. I am currently involved in a commercial venture and one of the products does this.

I'd prefer not to be promoting this on the trading forums as I enjoy participating on them and I don't want (or see the need) to be using forums as a means of commercial gain. There's enough scammers on the forums already - although futures.io (formerly BMT) seems to have very few. I'd rather not be considered as one, rather my very few customers will know me as a supplier of niche products.

Let's just say that if I worked it out - anyone can.

Hi,

I wish you all the best and I am sure you will be successfull, but your statement might have been a bit missleading and contradictory for some menbers, you state but you don't want to state. People from this forum are angry to learn and to share methods and they want to see something that can be prooven (just to paraphrase one of your previous statement). I understand you want to save your investment and efforts, I encourage you to copyright it.

I do not mean to offend you and hope you take this as constructive criticism

Thanked by:

redratsal

My only point is that this is possible. With the right skills you could write your own DOM if you liked.
Many people have the right skills but they stick to writing price based indicators. It doesn't matter who believes me or not. I know it's possible as I've done it.

I know TT patented their static DOM but that'll get revoked at some point because such an idea is not really patentable. It's very hard to protect software ideas. I couldn't afford a patent, nor is this a long term "make me a zillionaire' type project - it's for pocket money & fun, dealing with lawyers is not my idea of fun. Copyrights don't do much either.

If in 5 years a bunch of other platforms have these features - I'll be able to say it came from me. I think that would be pretty cool.

Like I say - I don't want to promote on the forums - as such there's no information going to be here to lead people to the product nor am I accepting PMs. If anyone wants to hire a private eye to find the damn stuff - they can have a free copy if they provide the detectives receipt.

Pete

Last Updated on March 4, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts