NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Multiple Monitor Systems

Discussion in Tech Support

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 7 posts (8 thanks)
    2. looks_two Malvolio with 5 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 vishwas99 with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 gio5959 with 2 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one fallout with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two gio5959 with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Fat Tails with 1.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Malvolio with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 9,166 views
    2. thumb_up 23 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 29 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

Multiple Monitor Systems

Malvolio 
Frankfurt, Germany

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT, ProRealTime
Broker: Advantage
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 93
Thanks Received: 84

Fat Tails View Post
Probably 2460. Looks good, has passive cooling and four display ports and comes at a reasonable price.

Yes, but here in Germany, I didn´t find a shop where to buy it. Do you know one? ;-)

Thanks!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,103

Malvolio View Post
Yes, but here in Germany, I didn´t find a shop where to buy it. Do you know one? ;-)

Thanks!

AMD FirePro 2460 passiv - Grafikkarten PCI Express - computeruniverse.net

ATI FirePro 2460 Multi-View - 100-505610

512MB ATI Radeon FirePro 2460 passiv GDDR3 PCIe - Computer Shop - Hardware, Notebook

Thanked by:

Malvolio 
Frankfurt, Germany

Platform: TT, ProRealTime
Broker: Advantage
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 93
Thanks Received: 84

Thanks!
I looked at amazon, alternate and ebay but didn´t found it, so I thought that it was not available.
Greetings to Berlin.

Regards,

Malvolio

MetalTrade 

Malvolio View Post

Thanks!

Funny, I bought it on ebay from a german reseller, it came in the box brand new :-)

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

MetalTrade View Post
Funny, I bought it on ebay from a german reseller, it came in the box brand new :-)

Maybe, you did not want to buy it from a Belgian reseller.

Affliction 
Springfield, MO

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,373
Thanks Received: 45

First, I am no techy, so forgive me for my questions.

The video cards mentioned on this thread, mostly, require hooking up your monitors with a "Display Port" cable. After doing a search, most monitors with a "Display Port" cost much more than monitors with a VGA and/or DVI input port.

So, do you use an adapter?

What are the thoughts on something like this instead?

Just thought I would ask before I make a BIG mistake.

Thanks!

Affliction

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Affliction View Post
First, I am no techy, so forgive me for my questions.

The video cards mentioned on this thread, mostly, require hooking up your monitors with a "Display Port" cable. After doing a search, most monitors with a "Display Port" cost much more than monitors with a VGA and/or DVI input port.

So, do you use an adapter?

What are the thoughts on something like this instead?

Just thought I would ask before I make a BIG mistake.

Thanks!

Affliction

DVI and Display Ports have different specifications and do not have process electronical signals. You should therefore purchase a graphics adapter, which is compatible to both specifications.

New graphics adapters from NVidia or AMD will autodetect whether they are connected to a DVI or DisplayPort Monitor.

Example: NVidia graphics adapter NVS 295 has two DisplayPorts. You can use them to connect two DVI monitors (via a DisplayPort - DVI-D adapter). This is possible, because the graphics adapter is capable of detecting, whether you have connected DisplayPort or DVI monitors.

In the same way you may connect 4 DVI monitors to the ATI FirePro 2460 Multi-View adapter.

What I do not know is whether you are allowed to connect different types of monitors (some of the DVI and some of them Displayport), I would not do that anyhow.

Thanked by:

whatnext 
Rockland county , New York

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT 7
Trading: CL, 6E, SI, ZC
Thanks Given: 338
Thanks Received: 81

I returned the $3,000 F-25 from trading computers / falcon trading systems a couple weeks ago. It ran great but they advertised a massively powerful i7 sent me a Intel Xeon W3520, which isn't even offered in their line up.

I was pissed because it ranked 78th looking at the same benchmark test page fallout posted earlier.

The president of the company said they usually use i7 950 but assured me his guys got it running up to speed. But it wasn't as fast as the 950 out of the box so I wanted it replaced. He had the balls to tell me the processor is located in the hard drive so they could just mail me a new one...

What's weird is they might have been doing me a favor. A knowledgeable member here pointed out to me that Xeons are preferred for workstations. They can also support ECC memory that makes it less likely to crash.

My verdict is they use cheaper components but test the voltage settings closely (on the higher end models at least) while overclocking them to run well. If yours holds up you will probably love it and also love that they will remotely remove viruses for you.

I think I'm going with a Z400 because they make sure theres are running well too. I think a quad core xeon with at least 3ghz and 12mb ram is plenty - but am tempted to go all out on one of the six core w3600's so the CPU will stay fast.

Might eventually try and build one with 2 or 4 screens using fallout's recommendations to run charts on and so I don't have to leave the office to browse the internet and check mail.

whatnext 
Rockland county , New York

Platform: NT 7
Trading: CL, 6E, SI, ZC
Thanks Given: 338
Thanks Received: 81

Malvolio View Post
Another cuestion regarding the graphic card, using two of them is possible (to handle up to 8 monitors)?

Yeah but some motherboards only have 1 PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot so you should check compatibility.

Bergsra 
Ilion, NY

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Mirus/Zen-fire
Trading: ES,TF,CL,GC
Thanks Given: 46
Thanks Received: 15

vishwas99 View Post
Any recommendations for the monitors?

with multiple monitor systems.....If not ready purchased you might ck http://jncs.com/...there prices are quite good and their service is impeccable... they stood behind every single problem and have remote hookup where they addresed every questionable problem they could.

Will try to make attachments latter from office. Just trying to help.

HT

Last Updated on May 9, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts