NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Proving trade legitimacy through a blotter or other way

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 15 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two sysot1t with 7 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sam028 with 5 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Silvester17 with 5 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Eric j with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two RM99 with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 sam028 with 0.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sysot1t with 0.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 20,133 views
    2. thumb_up 9 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 43 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

Proving trade legitimacy through a blotter or other way

sysot1t 

sounds like Madoff, that is exactly what he used to do as well.. so IMO, a legitimate hedgefund wont have issues backing up their statements and returns, and still be selective with his clientele..

RM99 View Post
I know a successful hedge fund manager and he basically has a "take it or leave it" attitude with respect to his agreement. He has built up a successful client base and his agreement is very harsh...it basically says you give me your money, you don't call or ask questions and your money is tied up for not less than 1 year and there's no guarantees of anything other than a quarterly report. If you call me more than once a quarter, I'll send your money back, regardless of positive/negative spot equity.

When you're successful at what you do, the best proof is word of mouth and reference by someone else. I can't believe how harsh his agreement is and he still gets clients, because he's pretty good and gets good returns.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

Eric j 
NY

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Esignal, MBT navigator
Trading: Currencies
Thanks Given: 1,396
Thanks Received: 2,576

Silvester17 View Post
something like this should be prove enough.

It is . Josh - Im following along with the "journal" debacle and the ensuing debate as to if "its" fake , sim , live , paranormal or whatever . What I dont understand is the WHY is it so important that you or I or anyone know beyond any shadow of a doubt if we collectively are being duped , mislead , taunted , upsold or whatever ??

Isnt it more significant that one can believe they can achieve this success then go out and do it and prove it to oneself ? Therefore one doesnt need to know or need to care what any other individual is up to or achieving ?

The question of the "journaller" attempting to upsell a method on behalf of themself or another is another issue that the mods should take care of . Its a big mistake to think one can duplicate anothers success by knowing their method because (as Ive said in the "journal" ) its not the arrow its the indian shooting the arrow . One who can reach this level of success has patience , focus , dicipline far beyond those that think they can take their method and share in the success . The successful one can take any method and score big with it .

Btw - for forex you can use this service , its real handy .

https://www.myfxbook.com/

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

Eric j View Post
It is . Josh - Im following along with the "journal" debacle and the ensuing debate as to if "its" fake , sim , live , paranormal or whatever . What I dont understand is the WHY is it so important that you or I or anyone know beyond any shadow of a doubt if we collectively are being duped , mislead , taunted , upsold or whatever ??

Isnt it more significant that one can believe they can achieve this success then go out and do it and prove it to oneself ? Therefore one doesnt need to know or need to care what any other individual is up to or achieving ?

The question of the "journaller" attempting to upsell a method on behalf of themself or another is another issue that the mods should take care of . Its a big mistake to think one can duplicate anothers success by knowing their method because (as Ive said in the "journal" ) its not the arrow its the indian shooting the arrow . One who can reach this level of success has patience , focus , dicipline far beyond those that think they can take their method and share in the success . The successful one can take any method and score big with it .

Btw - for forex you can use this service , its real handy .

https://www.myfxbook.com/

yes, have to agree. the problem is not if it's real, sim or fake. the only problem is here:

and that's not up to us to decide.

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,784
Thanks Received: 18,257

Eric j View Post

You're absolutely right Eric -- as I said in that thread yesterday, unless the OP comes back, I'm done with it, as all the arguing and such has helped my trading ZERO. Thanks for the reminder.

In fact, on that note, if a moderator sees this, would you mind closing this thread?

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Last Updated on April 4, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts