Broker: Tradovate
Trading: Futures / 0dte
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 83
Thanks Received: 113

jlabtrades View Post
5/21

If felt like an uneventful day and I seemed to be out of sync with the market as well today.

I did some more reflecting on my trading issues over this year and I feel that my problem is that
1) I'm trying to scale up so i was taking big orders on entry and trying to scale plus runner
and 2) I also moved my initial scale out, so i was taking more Ls with more size

I need to reduce my initial scale profit if i want to try the runner
or increase my initial scale profit target with only 1 con to dial that in. Essentially I changed 2 things at once when you should only experiment on one thing and get it right before moving onto something else

5/22

Quite an eventful day compared with yesterday. I adjusted my ATM strategies, and I like the results better compared to what I've had to last few days, but it was not quick enough to cut losers or too quick on profit during the high volatility of FOMC minutes and NVDA earnings.

I will adjust and have a dedicated setup for these plays next time that I can evaluate

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader / Tradovate

jlabtrades View Post
5/22

Quite an eventful day compared with yesterday. I adjusted my ATM strategies, and I like the results better compared to what I've had to last few days, but it was not quick enough to cut losers or too quick on profit during the high volatility of FOMC minutes and NVDA earnings.

I will adjust and have a dedicated setup for these plays next time that I can evaluate

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

jlabtrades View Post
5/22

5/23

Rough day for me, with the winners hitting my target but the losers also hitting theirs

Thanked by:
 jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

jlabtrades View Post
5/23

Rough day for me, with the winners hitting my target but the losers also hitting theirs

5/24

Focused on my core trading and scaled down a little more by taking smaller profits instead of swinging for bigger hits

jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

jlabtrades View Post

5/27 Holiday - enjoyed life and took no trades and looked at no charts

5/28
Feeling refreshed from the 3 day weekend, took a stab at trying to let some plays work out longer, but each time it seemed my initial target was right at resistance and I didnt want to let it go against me. Rode some of the squeeze near the end of the day, and took a quick profit also not wanting to risk losing a good day.

Overall I'd rate my trading a 5/10 - happy with profits but trades could have been better. I took good profits, but could have held for more on almost every occasion. I was early on about half of these trades and while I don't expect to get it right 100% of the time I do want to wait a little bit more to see if the move continues. My hesitation to do so this week is coming from the scar of loses from last week and not wanting to lose again today.

Thanked by:
 jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

Jun 3

After a nice relaxing weekend in Texas for a wedding, I flew back yesterday for a decent trading day. My flight was canceled and connecting severely delayed so I took advantage and traded in the airport, even connected with a guy next to me who was day trading Chewy stock.

I was quite happy with how well the day went, and it felt like I kicked my bad habbits and was back in the drivers seat - everything just seemed to click

jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

jlabtrades View Post
Jun 3

After a nice relaxing weekend in Texas for a wedding, I flew back yesterday for a decent trading day. My flight was canceled and connecting severely delayed so I took advantage and traded in the airport, even connected with a guy next to me who was day trading Chewy stock.

I was quite happy with how well the day went, and it felt like I kicked my bad habbits and was back in the drivers seat - everything just seemed to click

June 4

Busy day in the office today for me meant less trading. I was mostly scalping the open for $75 moves on NQ. Tried to let a few runners go but was quickly stopped out. Just didn't feel like risking any profit on a rather poor day so I stepped away after that. Also tried some MOC and final candle moves for a few more points of quick scalps

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 5, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts