Welcome to NexusFi: the best trading community on the planet, with over 200,000 members Sign Up Now for Free
Genuine reviews from real traders, not fake reviews from stealth vendors
Quality education from leading professional traders
We are a friendly, helpful, and positive community
We do not tolerate rude behavior, trolling, or vendors advertising in posts
We are here to help, just let us know what you need
You'll need to register in order to view the content of the threads and start contributing to our community. It's free for basic access, or support us by becoming an Elite Member -- discounts are available after registering.
-- The NexusFi team
(If you already have an account, login at the top of the page)
Site Administrator Developer Swing Trader R.I.P. 1977-2026
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590
Hi,
I'm looking for VWAP with +1 and +2 standard deviation bands for Sierra Chart. I found a thread (thx Google) that suggests this study is built-in to SC, but I can't find the study anywhere.
Site Administrator Developer Swing Trader R.I.P. 1977-2026
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590
Sorry, but I'm not seeing anything for VWAP + StdDev bands. What am I missing?
This was F6 -> Add Custom Study -> Expand first one "Sierra Chart Custom Studies and Examples" (which really looks like the default list before pressing 'add custom study' anyway...
I don't know how is your study with SC but you need to be carefull with the session templates, your vwap and SD's seem to plot different than mine. Actually my vwap is 1.3581 +1SD 1.3618 +2SD 1.3654
Site Administrator Developer Swing Trader R.I.P. 1977-2026
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590
Thanks, I will check it. I am using a 24/7 session template in SC, but maybe it is using PC time to calculate instead of exchange time? Just a thought.