NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,970 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 49 posts (56 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,541,365 views
    2. thumb_up 12,043 thanks given
    3. group 6,325 followers
    1. forum 10,657 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread
Europe10
Canada

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Welcome aboard! I am also planning to do a masters in financial economics.

What schools are you looking at if you dont mind me asking

logons 
Soottsdale

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 7

I am new to stocks trading, one year back I got Etrade a/c for my employee stocks and I started trading. My first stock was Apple and I bought some put options of BP, strayer and some calls of CMG.
These trades made a huge profit (1000+%) and subsequently lost all gains and even my some initial investment.So I am currently not trading and looking for eductional material and learning if investment is good for me.

Since I am new to trading I don't have any questions , but hope I will learn and educate myself from reading other members posts.

Thanx

anega 
Seattle, Washington

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multiple
Broker: IQFeed
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Hi everyone,

I found this forum after hearing about it from others.
So far I've viewed a few webinars which which were very enlightning.
I'm a beginner primarily trading the gold, oil and the euro, and still learning.
Thank you Mike for this great forum.

ianmcneil74
Toulouse,Tarn,France

Thanks Given: 1

Hello I am new to the forum.I am a retired ex-banker/CPA who started trading about 18 months ago.I live most of the time in france and some time in the UK,
I started with CFD`s , then moved to futures and last november moved to Options.I feel more comfortable trading Options as the philosophy of planning your trades before entering , for continuity and subsequent adjustments really appeals to me and , I think, suits my personality better.I tend to trade Gold and Silver, and am interested eventually in expanding to a few other metals.
I had a very positive experience at the beginning trading Options , but then as I got to understand the risks and techniques required became more conservative , and started having less success.At that stage , I was trading Iron condors and calendars of Indices and some commodities.Although I was losing money , I began to realise that although I was picking good trades , I was not succeeding because of either bad entry point or lacking in confidence in not carrying through my strategy, and bad discipline.This resulted in small losses and very small profits , which could have been gains in more experienced hands.So this has given me the confidence to push on and in the last 2 months have started to have much more success by improving my discipline and learning to stick to my plan..
At the same time, I am taking every opportunity to read technical books and listen to videos and webinars , in order to improve my understanding.I still have an awful long way to go but am starting to get a better understanding of option pricing and how it reacts to volatility and price movement.
I look forward to getting feedback from the forum.

kaltrax 
TOLEDO,SPAIN

Platform: NinjaTrader,TOS,MT4
Trading: ES,TF,6E,NQ,DX,CL
Thanks Given: 681
Thanks Received: 30

Hello:

I was make my presentation about a year, but lately i returned again to try learn whith

all fantastic people here at this home.

Lately i was study options and i was succeed but at paper , i also write at my native language

forum to try help to others members.

Good Trading and Thanks Big Mike.

kaltrax 
TOLEDO,SPAIN

Platform: NinjaTrader,TOS,MT4
Trading: ES,TF,6E,NQ,DX,CL
Thanks Given: 681
Thanks Received: 30

ianmcneil74 View Post
Hello I am new to the forum.I am a retired ex-banker/CPA who started trading about 18 months ago.I live most of the time in france and some time in the UK,
I started with CFD`s , then moved to futures and last november moved to Options.I feel more comfortable trading Options as the philosophy of planning your trades before entering , for continuity and subsequent adjustments really appeals to me and , I think, suits my personality better.I tend to trade Gold and Silver, and am interested eventually in expanding to a few other metals.
I had a very positive experience at the beginning trading Options , but then as I got to understand the risks and techniques required became more conservative , and started having less success.At that stage , I was trading Iron condors and calendars of Indices and some commodities.Although I was losing money , I began to realise that although I was picking good trades , I was not succeeding because of either bad entry point or lacking in confidence in not carrying through my strategy, and bad discipline.This resulted in small losses and very small profits , which could have been gains in more experienced hands.So this has given me the confidence to push on and in the last 2 months have started to have much more success by improving my discipline and learning to stick to my plan..
At the same time, I am taking every opportunity to read technical books and listen to videos and webinars , in order to improve my understanding.I still have an awful long way to go but am starting to get a better understanding of option pricing and how it reacts to volatility and price movement.
I look forward to getting feedback from the forum.

Hello Ian, i was make AdV Course also and it's great know about you here at his fantastic forum, I hope we can learn other ways to make some money

Regards.

heclara
Houlton, Maine USA

Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 32

I am very impressed with what I have seen thus far and thanks for your hard work on this site Mike and all the members

Tradingfutures 
San Antonio, tx

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: Cl,tf
Thanks Given: 0

New just saying hello. I've been trading and actively watching the markets for almost 5 years. I'm a recent graduate and looking to purse this full time.

kelvinc
milwaukee

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 1

Europe10 View Post
Welcome aboard! I am also planning to do a masters in financial economics.

What schools are you looking at if you dont mind me asking

University of Wisconsin Madison, Strayer University, or University of Northern Illinois

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Experience: None
Platform: TS, TOS, Ninja(Analytics)
Trading: NQ CL, ES when volatile mrkts
Thanks Given: 2,176
Thanks Received: 1,726

Hi Guys, from the Bay Area CA. Saw some of the free posts and knew instantly the site was wonderful & hence joined.

Feels great to be a part of this community.

Peace n Green trades

paps

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 10, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts