NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Historical Level 2 Equity Data


Discussion in Brokers

Updated
    1. trending_up 5,478 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 dcooke888 
Boston, MA
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: IB
Trading: Stocks
Posts: 29 since Feb 2012
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 21

Hi All,

This is my first post and I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere on the site, if you find it don't hesitate to point it out. Just as an FYI for my platform I use DTN IQ feeding into matlab which sends trades to IB.

I'm currently looking to hone a system using market depth however I am looking for a good source of historical level 2 data.

As of right now the best source of historical I have found is Historical Tick Data | Entire Market Packages | Daily Updates | Automated Trader Magazine, however at 6 grand for 1 year I need to make some more money before that happens.

The other vendor I'm in talks with is dxFeed Market Data - DXFeed Historical Tick Data Replay and Analysis, however I'm not sure if they offer level 2 historical data.

I'm currently using DTN IQ who does not provide historical level 2 data.

If I can't find a good source I'm instead going to test by paper trading the same system on the current market to hone in a strategy.

Any other thoughts or opinions on how to get access to historical level 2 would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the help,
Dylan


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
StoicGunner
Newport Beach CA/Orange
 
Posts: 2 since Aug 2012
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0


Hi Dylan, did you end up finding a decently priced historical data provider? I'm doing the same search myself right now.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 dcooke888 
Boston, MA
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: IB
Trading: Stocks
Posts: 29 since Feb 2012
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 21

Here is a link to the same question asked on quantitative stack exchange - there is a range of good answers

Historical Level 2 Data (Market Depth) - Quantitative Finance Beta - Stack Exchange


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on August 25, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts