NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Using Dom for ATM strategy Problem


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,030 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
Titian
Denver Colorado
 
Posts: 4 since Nov 2011
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

I am in a trial with multicharts. I am trying to evaluate the DOM and the ATM strategy possibilities. I am presently using NinjaTrader for order entry, but I hate the clunky middle mouse requirement for stops and the inability to enlarge my fonts on the order management screens and dom (workaround; decrease the screen resolution to increase the font, which causes other problems) Something more like TradeStation's Matrix /DOM, is what I prefer. (Too bad TS margins are so high.)
Just to make sure I understood how to attach an order entry strategy, I slapped one on zb bonds, in sim. Target & stop were set to 4 ticks each. I was filled. And immediately stopped out at 1 tick. No target or stop displayed on the dom (as it does in ninja, after election/fill, or ts from outset ~ most preferable). Initially the dom parsed the increments in 64ths, rather than 32nds – I had to call tech support, they tweaked something, so that I got the correct price increments, tho they are still decimalized (unlike ninja, or ts)…maybe that relates to, has something to do with, the problem. Anyone trading bonds? Perhaps it is a bond issue?
They had me upgrade to the new beta after downloading what the sales guy sent me 2 hours before, since order sounds were not functional. Is there a problem with the DOM with ATM strategies? I read the history that the dom is fairly new addition. Anyone have problem with beta 8?

Want ts functionality, ease of use, or as close as possible, without actually having to open an account with them.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 




Last Updated on March 24, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts