NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Best futures broker for swing traders?


Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one muscleman with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two bob304 with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 djkiwi with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    1. trending_up 4,102 views
    2. thumb_up 4 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 muscleman 
Honolulu, HI
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: futures, stocks
Posts: 437 since Mar 2012
Thanks Given: 72
Thanks Received: 207

Hi,
I am wondering what brokers do you recommend for swing traders. I think server side OCO is highly preferrable for swing traders. I currently know only four brokers supporting that: DDT, Optimus, IB and TD Ameritrade.
Someone told me that IB said they do not guarantee correct cancellation of one side when the other side is triggered. This is a bit annoying. Are there any brokers that guarantee this? If no then probably I would have to only place a stop loss.


Thank you guys!


Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
djkiwi's Avatar
 djkiwi 
Mercer Island WA
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader/Strategy Desk
Broker: Various
Trading: TF/NQ/ES/Stocks
Posts: 561 since May 2010
Thanks Given: 981
Thanks Received: 1,559



muscleman View Post
Hi,
I am wondering what brokers do you recommend for swing traders. I think server side OCO is highly preferrable for swing traders. I currently know only four brokers supporting that: DDT, Optimus, IB and TD Ameritrade.
Someone told me that IB said they do not guarantee correct cancellation of one side when the other side is triggered. This is a bit annoying. Are there any brokers that guarantee this? If no then probably I would have to only place a stop loss.


Thank you guys!

Hi, are you entering trades through ninjatrader or directly into TWS?

Cheers
DJ


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 muscleman 
Honolulu, HI
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: futures, stocks
Posts: 437 since Mar 2012
Thanks Given: 72
Thanks Received: 207


djkiwi View Post
Hi, are you entering trades through ninjatrader or directly into TWS?

Cheers
DJ

I haven't purchased NT. So I can only consider to use NT as charting and TWS to place the order. Though in the future I may buy NT if necessary.


Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #5 (permalink)
 bob304 
Memphis, TN
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: MirusFutures/Zen-Fire
Trading: NQ, TF, CL, GC, 6B, 6E
Posts: 4 since Mar 2010
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 1

You don't want to use TD Ameritrade for any futures trading. The feed is slow and the fills are awful. I have run TDA and Zen-Fire side by side and seen as much as a 3 tick difference in fill on ES.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on June 24, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts