NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





DDE links crash excel


Discussion in Tech Support

Updated
    1. trending_up 4,348 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 imPairsonator 
Thessaloniki, Greece
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: QTS
Broker: IB
Trading: Equities, NQ
Posts: 166 since May 2012
Thanks Given: 104
Thanks Received: 395

So I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and Office 2010 and I've run into a really annoying issue: whenever I try to open a DDE link (either to TWS or IQfeed) excel just crashes. Apparently I'm not the only one.

I've tried a bunch of suggested solutions:
  • Running excel with administrator privileges
  • Running excel in safe mode
  • Closing Chrome before running excel
  • Running excel in compatibility mode

But nothing has worked.

Any ideas?


Follow me on X Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 imPairsonator 
Thessaloniki, Greece
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: QTS
Broker: IB
Trading: Equities, NQ
Posts: 166 since May 2012
Thanks Given: 104
Thanks Received: 395

Fixed by two re-installs of everything and a bunch of restarts. No clue what was wrong.


Follow me on X Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 
sptrader's Avatar
 sptrader 
Colorado
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: IB & Iqfeed
Trading: ES , CL
Posts: 535 since Apr 2010
Thanks Given: 1,097
Thanks Received: 702


I use Excel with IB and instead of DDE, I use the "Excel Adapter", see link- it's free and works great with IB..win 7 64bit
// https://www.cyberxpert.com/downloads.html


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on August 22, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts