NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Can someone explain why MC can't reconstruct Renko as was?


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,156 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
NMC1
London
 
Posts: 14 since Jan 2013
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 3

Apologies for this post, because I obviously hideously misunderstand the whole concept since it hasn't been mentioned before, but if MC can use a bar magnifier to check my intra bar strategies tick by tick and nail the entry and exit each time compared to what I saw on live, then why, if tick by tick data is available, does it reconstruct Renko as if not using tick by tick data? I.e. the phantom bars are nothing like they would be (very many fewer naturally) had you seen the dataset live with x box size, as if the PA never ticked outside the box at each swing.

Would be grateful if anyone could set me straight on this as I've been trading small sizes with Renko live recently, but I really don't want to see ridiculously smooth PA every time I load MC back into Renko mode.

Thanks.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
NMC1
London
 
Posts: 14 since Jan 2013
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 3

Woops that'll be because I had the resolution set to more than 1 tick....


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on January 21, 2013


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts