NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Stock Standard Percentage Position Sizing


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,035 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
tidy8
Calliope Queensland Australia
 
Posts: 3 since Jan 2013
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to this forum.
There looks to be lots of great topics and contributors.
I've been studying for the past 5 years and trading the last 2.
I trade forex and have only recently changed from MT4 to Tradestation.

I've been searching for the last few weeks over the Christmas Holliday Season,
For a "Flat Rate Percentage Position Sizing Code" for EasyLanguage.
To add to my strategy code.

I just can't find one!
There are heaps of volatility and risk based position sizing codes.
And I have tried to modify them, but they will not verify.

I was looking for some help form you all in finding or modifying some code.

All that I want to do is:

Use a flat rate of 2% of Account Equity to enter and exit trades.

My strategy is a low to medium time frame (depending on the Pair)trending strategy and I am constantly in the market.

I am by no means a programmer.
I've read miles of code, watched gigabytes of videos on codes being applied to strategies and have copied and pasted
codes to implement my strategy code.
I have now been trading it on Mt4 manually for the last 3 years (13 months Demo and 2 Years on a Live Account) and have been testing it on Tradestation forex and stocks on demo for 13 months, and I'm ready for it to take over my manual trading.
( too many late nights trading the London/Neywork cross over as I live in Australia)

Entries and Exits are coded as Follows:

Long:
If Trend_S > Trend_S[1] then
Buy this bar at close;

Short:
If Trend_S < Trend_S[1] then
SellShort this bar at close;

I Hope that one or a group of you guys can help me and maybe others looking for this on the web.

Hope to Hear From You's Soon.

"May the pips be forth coming,
the drawdowns low and infrequent,
In your trading for 2013."
TIDY8


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks




Last Updated on January 25, 2013


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts