NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Best Tablet for Trading?


Discussion in Tech Support

Updated
    1. trending_up 12,568 views
    2. thumb_up 4 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
NewbieForLife
New Haven, CT
 
Posts: 1 since May 2013
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi All,

New here, so I hope I'm asking in the right/appropriate place. I find myself traveling more and need a solution for trading on the go. I have started considering whether a tablet might fit the bill, but don't have much experience with them. I trade on the Think or Swim platform. I don't really care for trading on their mobile phone App-good for checking positions, but not much else. Does anybody have any experience with the tablet version of the platform and/or any experience with trying to trade on a tablet-how much do you have to give up? Can it be done over 3g/4g? Should I just stick with a laptop and try to find a wireless (not wi-fi) solution?

Thanks!!

Bob


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
DavidHP's Avatar
 DavidHP 
Isla Mujeres, MX
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninjatrader / Optimus Futures / AmpFutures
Trading: NQ / ES / 6E / 6B / CL
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Posts: 1,827 since Aug 2009
Thanks Given: 11,793
Thanks Received: 3,051

I have a Galaxy Tab 7.7. (Android).
It runs the TOS app fine but as you know it is limited.
(I don't use TOS as my broker)

I think the best option is to use Splashtop, Logmein or some other remote control app.
You can control a PC running Ninjatrader.
That way you have access and control to the system you are comfortable using.
There is some lag but not that bad on a 4G network.

You also may want to check these two threads on nexusfi.com (formerly BMT):




Rejoice in the Thunderstorms of Life . . .
Knowing it's not about Clouds or Wind. . .
But Learning to Dance in the Rain ! ! !
Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #3 (permalink)
 
kojava's Avatar
 kojava 
Orlando, FL
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, ToS, Sierra Chart, MCDT
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: ES, NQ, 6E, 6A, TF, CL
Posts: 43 since Jan 2011
Thanks Given: 53
Thanks Received: 29


In experience, TOS app for Android runs way better than the iPad version of the app. The iPad version crashes a lot. I used on Nexus 7 and iPad 2.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on May 18, 2013


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts