NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Horizontal Lines in Multicharts Multiple Timeframes


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,634 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 hoolio 
Melbourne, Australia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT8, Multicharts,Sierra
Broker: CQG, IB
Trading: YM,CL,GC,6E,6J
Posts: 97 since Mar 2013
Thanks Given: 85
Thanks Received: 60

Hi,

I migrated to Multicharts last year from Sierra.

One of the features I most miss from Sierra was having a horizontal line once plotted appear on all my linked charts at the same level.
To be clearer I used to link the charts by symbol so I had X, Y and Z timeframe charts linked together.

In MC (Easylanguage version) is this possible to program in any way.

I've started looking at the globalvariable.dll but I'm a complete novice on using that in MC.

Any thoughts would be welcome


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
  #2 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643

hoolio,

yes, this can be done, but it's not an easy task to do. You would have to use either GlobalVariables or EasyLanguage Collections like you mentioned. Your indicator needs to detect when you draw a trendline and then send this to your other charts (where an instance of the indicator is running, too). One thing to make sure is that you use "TL_GetNext" for example to make sure that trendlines you let the study draw on the linked charts don't create new trendlines on the other charts, too. As this would create a mess.

Regards,
ABCTG


hoolio View Post
Hi,

I migrated to Multicharts last year from Sierra.

One of the features I most miss from Sierra was having a horizontal line once plotted appear on all my linked charts at the same level.
To be clearer I used to link the charts by symbol so I had X, Y and Z timeframe charts linked together.

In MC (Easylanguage version) is this possible to program in any way.

I've started looking at the globalvariable.dll but I'm a complete novice on using that in MC.

Any thoughts would be welcome


Follow me on X Reply With Quote




Last Updated on June 11, 2014


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts