NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,971 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 49 posts (56 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two George with 47 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,671,689 views
    2. thumb_up 12,052 thanks given
    3. group 6,330 followers
    1. forum 10,660 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread
Ken Logan
London, UK

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi Everyone

My name is Ken and I am retired

Thanks for accepting me into the community. I have been trading on a small scale for some while now without any lasting success. My exit strategies leave a lot to be desired! Hoping to improve with the help of this forum.

Cheers

Ken Logan

ZTR 

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader7
Broker: Mirus RCG/Zen-Fire
Trading: CL & 6e, looking at ES, ZB and AU again.
Thanks Given: 1,099
Thanks Received: 1,393

aviat72 View Post
I came here following gomi. He had stopped participating actively at the NT Support forums and a reference to him there sent me here. The SnR is definitely better here.

That is how I got here! There are many active ladder threads, just search for them.

R.I.P. Andy Zektzer (ZTR), 1960-2010.
Please visit this thread for more information.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

jerry828 
Sweden

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT6.5
Broker: DTN, Mirus/Zenfire, Berkeley
Trading: ES, DAX, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 19
Thanks Received: 27

Hi guys,

just a short(?) introduction. I have been trading the globex & eurex for the better part of the last 5 years. Apart from that I'm self employed within the security and counter surveillance business in Europe. I retired from being operational in my company on a daily basis some 6 months ago due to severe health issues, and have taken up trading full time ever since.

Like some other traders out there I find it comforting to know that every day (or at least week) brings a profit, and this makes me look forward to every single trading day.

I am by no means an expert trader and been through the same trials & tribulations as everyone out there who is really determined to make it in the market, e.g. losing X amount of cash, pinballing between commercial trading rooms, you name it. Finally, I have found my style which keeps me comfortable & profitable

My style is price action & raw data (volume & breadth). I truly believe that consistency and confidence in a sound trading plan is the key to succes (or the holy grail if u want).

I am looking at price action combined with volume and various breadth gauges. I respect people that use systems and truly believe they can be profitable. But it's just not my style, however I learn a lot from studying them.

Thanks a bunch to Big Mike and the other contributors to this site. I hope to give back at least as much as I take here.

Thanked by:
OCSteve
California

Thanks Given: 10

Hello Mike and Fellow Traders!

I have traded various markets over the years. I have moved into ES daytrading over the past year as I have found that it fits my personality and mentality best.

I am looking forward to a mutually beneficial exchange of ideas and resources!

Thanks!

Pippursuit 
Sacramento, California

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Gain
Trading: Forex, Options, ETF
Thanks Given: 8

Hi everyone.

I traded some Forex back in 1997, lost about $1,700 overall in 4 months (miracle I didn't blow out the entire account - I had NO IDEA what I was doing). Got out of it.

Got back into (Forex) demo trading, reading some books, etc back in 2003-2004, but did not live trade. I didn't get the hang of it so I dropped it.

Got back into learning and demo trading Forex again in late 2007, and got serious about learning the art of trading, but I came to realize that while I had learned pieces of the business, I had not fully integrated those pieces into a cohesive outlook. After about 6 months I set it aside, knowing there was something that I wasn't "getting" (my demo trading showed me that), but also knowing that when the time was right I would return.

I've been lurking back here for several months and I have to say that things are starting to click. I'm dumping Forex and going to learn futures (minis), for a vareity of reasons.

I hope to learn enough to be able to contribute to this site - the wealth of information here is overwhelming. I also donated for "Elite access" today, and I hope like heck everyone keeps on plugging away.

Thank you all in advance for the generous contributions of your time, efforts, and talents.

sjuwana
New Jersey

I am relatively new to trading and found out about the book by Al and I thought those are great stuffs to learn. I hope to learn more from other members here.

gregb43
monterey, CA

hey everyone,

Greg here from Cali. I'm just starting to trade, and looking forward to learning a lot here. Nice to meet everyone.

sammysam 
North Canton Ohio

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Zen Fire/ Mirus
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 338
Thanks Received: 71

Hello everyone:
I am new to trading and am very happy to have found Big Mike's Day Trading Forum. From what I have seen so far I can easily say that I will learn much about trading. It's amazing to me that although simple in nature, trading can be so complicated. Somewhat like the game of chess. A big problem for me is that I work during the day and it's difficult to follow the market as closely as I'd like to.

sammysam 
North Canton Ohio

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Zen Fire/ Mirus
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 338
Thanks Received: 71

Hey Pippersuit:
Why did you give up on Forex?

forrestang 
Chicago IL
Urban Samurai

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, MT4, Matlab
Broker: CQG, AMP, MB, DTN
Trading: E/U, G/U
Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 1,049

Hello All, "Your Welcome!"

Been around for a while, I'm sure I've seen many of you on various forums, and I don't post as much as I used to in various places.

But at any rate, I will be lurking around and will contribute if something jumps out at me.

Good trading all!!

Last Updated on June 27, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Sitemap - Downloads - Top
no new posts