NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Option Trade Adjustments


Discussion in Options

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,868 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
mks212
NY, NY
 
Posts: 12 since Apr 2015
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 1

Hello Traders,

I spend most of my time trading options and have had success with butterflies and iron condors. I am at the point now where I would like to learn how to adjust losing trades to mitigate losses or, ideally, make them profitable.

I took a look at one site and bought the program and was disappointed to see that the technique was simply to buy an option in the direction if a trade moved against you. For example, if you open a 100/105 bull call spread on XYZ trading at 95 and then the stock drops to 90, buy an OTM put, say 85. If the stock then whipsaws but not enough to make your bull call profitable, just close the trade for a loss.

I have searched the internet for some better material but have only found very high priced education courses with very vague descriptions.

Does anyone know where I can learn this information? I'd rather not reinvent the wheel with experimenting as I am sure I am not the first person to have this question.

Thank you.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
sam028's Avatar
 sam028 
Site Administrator
 
Posts: 3,775 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 3,837
Thanks Received: 4,703


Try this book: "The Option Trader Handbook: Strategies and Trade Adjustments Hardcover by George Jabbour and Philip H. Budwick".
I read it a long time ago but as far as I remember it will fits your needs, and it was a good book.
But keep in mind that their is no secret sauce or magic with options!


Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
mks212
NY, NY
 
Posts: 12 since Apr 2015
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 1

Thanks for the suggestion Sam. I will have a look at it.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on August 7, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts