NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





PowerLanguage: stop loss and take profit


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,794 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
alexbellinzona
Lugano Switzerland
 
Posts: 11 since Apr 2016
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 3

Hello everyone,

I'm new in this forum and I'm also new with PowerLanguage. I never done backtesting via Multicharts, always used Excel.
So, now I'm beginning to code some of my strategies with PowerLanguage but I have huge problems in understanding how to write the stop loss and take profit in the code.

Starting from the basic, if for example I want to buy each Bullish Engulfing (that's not one of my strategy, it's only an example) placing a stop loss at low-2 pips with a super easy 1:1 risk:reward. Risk should be, for example, 1%. what should I write in the code?

PS: I'm not asking about how to code a Bullish Engulfing but only the basics info about stop loss, take profit, risk calculation

Thanks


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
sptrader's Avatar
 sptrader 
Colorado
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: IB & Iqfeed
Trading: ES , CL
Posts: 535 since Apr 2010
Thanks Given: 1,097
Thanks Received: 702

Here is the link to the MC forum that can answer all of your questions - dedicated Multicharts user support.

http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewforum.php?f=1


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
alexbellinzona
Lugano Switzerland
 
Posts: 11 since Apr 2016
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 3


I'm still in the free trial version, that forum isnt open for me. I'm going to buy the license 99% in a couple of week

thanks


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on April 14, 2016


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts