NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Horizontal Line At Given Value


Discussion in ThinkOrSwim

Updated
    1. trending_up 4,379 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
aquaticnomad
Los Angeles CA
 
Posts: 2 since Jun 2017
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi All,

I'm looking to write a script that plots a horizontal line at a last given value. Currently in the process of learning Thinkscript.

Specifically, I'm trying to add horizontal lines to an ichimoku indicator that will plot, for example, the last value(s) of 'Span A' and 'Span B'.

Ex.

I have 'Span A' defined as:

def "Span A" = (Tenkan[kijun_period] + Kijun[kijun_period]) / 2;

Now I want to plot the last value for "Span A" as a line across the entire chart.

Any thoughts?


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
RTH vs ETH: when your chart and Volume Profile trading h …
NinjaTrader
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 Stocktrader 
Dublin Ireland
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja, TOS
Broker: RCG Direct/Continuum
Trading: ZB
Posts: 18 since Mar 2012
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 7

"I have 'Span A' defined as:

def "Span A" = (Tenkan[kijun_period] + Kijun[kijun_period]) / 2;

Now I want to plot the last value for "Span A" as a line across the entire chart."


We need to GetValue("Span A", GetMaxValueOffset("Span A", 1), 0);

and then plot it as a priceLine

At least in theory - I gave it a go but couldn't get it to work below is the code for a horizontal priceline plotting the close of the current bar - I tried adapting it but couldn't get it to work and couldn't spend anymore time on it but left the post here to see if it was any help to you.

plot priceLine = highestAll(if isNan(close[-1]) and !isNAN(close) then close else double.nan);

Good Luck.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on June 21, 2017


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts