NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Hide/show drawings by type?


Discussion in Sierra Chart

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,990 views
    2. thumb_up 6 thanks given
    3. group 0 followers
    1. forum 5 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
Rrrracer's Avatar
 Rrrracer 
On the road
Trading Nomad
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Posts: 2,512 since Feb 2017
Thanks Given: 17,587
Thanks Received: 9,759

I've researched and think the answer is no, but thought I would poll the collective...

Is there a way to hide/show drawings by type?

On one chart, I'd like to be able to group drawings such as S/R lines, trend channels, notes, etc, but would like to be able to turn them on and off them independently in order to facilitate a more un-cluttered analysis.

I know SC unfortunately doesn't support "layers" in the traditional sense of Photoshop, et al, but don't know if there is another form of this functionality that I'm missing.

Thanks!


Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
RTH vs ETH: when your chart and Volume Profile trading h …
NinjaTrader
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Daytrading.Coach Review
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
LDog's Avatar
 LDog 
Lafayette, TN/USA
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC,TastyWorks,ToS
Broker: TDA, OANDA,AMP/CQG/SC
Trading: Looking for it/them
Posts: 208 since Sep 2015
Thanks Given: 12,298
Thanks Received: 344


Rrrracer View Post
I've researched and think the answer is no, but thought I would poll the collective...

Is there a way to hide/show drawings by type?

On one chart, I'd like to be able to group drawings such as S/R lines, trend channels, notes, etc, but would like to be able to turn them on and off them independently in order to facilitate a more un-cluttered analysis.

I know SC unfortunately doesn't support "layers" in the traditional sense of Photoshop, et al, but don't know if there is another form of this functionality that I'm missing.

Thanks!

This might help - https://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?page=doc/Tools.html
With the drop-down, you can manage the objects by type.

HTH


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #3 (permalink)
 
Rrrracer's Avatar
 Rrrracer 
On the road
Trading Nomad
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Posts: 2,512 since Feb 2017
Thanks Given: 17,587
Thanks Received: 9,759


Thanks @LDog, that helps... I have added Manage Chart Drawings to a control bar so I can at easily access it. Not quite the functionality I was looking for, but as SC users know, sometimes we have to go through our asshole to get to our elbow haha. Much appreciated.


Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 
LDog's Avatar
 LDog 
Lafayette, TN/USA
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC,TastyWorks,ToS
Broker: TDA, OANDA,AMP/CQG/SC
Trading: Looking for it/them
Posts: 208 since Sep 2015
Thanks Given: 12,298
Thanks Received: 344


Rrrracer View Post
Thanks @LDog, that helps... I have added Manage Chart Drawings to a control bar so I can at easily access it. Not quite the functionality I was looking for, but as SC users know, sometimes we have to go through our asshole to get to our elbow haha. Much appreciated.

Yeah, I really like my Control Bars :-) (
I get along just fine with the 'free' SC (Package 3) from my broker - I just need to learn how to TRADE, lol.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #5 (permalink)
 
Rrrracer's Avatar
 Rrrracer 
On the road
Trading Nomad
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Posts: 2,512 since Feb 2017
Thanks Given: 17,587
Thanks Received: 9,759


LDog View Post
Yeah, I really like my Control Bars :-) (
I get along just fine with the 'free' SC (Package 3) from my broker - I just need to learn how to TRADE, lol.


Same here, on all fronts. The only thing Package 5 offers that I might be interested would be TPO profiles, but in all reality I can get overwhelmed with what I already have so... no need to add fuel to the fire LOL.


Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #6 (permalink)
 Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama
 
Experience: None
Posts: 1,776 since Oct 2016
Thanks Given: 2,830
Thanks Received: 5,064


Rrrracer View Post
Not quite the functionality I was looking for, but as SC users know, sometimes we have to go through our asshole to get to our elbow haha.

So true. So funny.
Still a lot better than anything else thats available imo. Everything else is just stinky turd with a sprinkling of glitter.


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on December 29, 2017


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts