NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





London Breakout TS


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,196 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
TrivialTrader
Bellinzona Swiss
 
Posts: 1 since Mar 2018
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hello guys, how are you? I write from swiss. Unfortunately I don't speak really good english but I try to show you what's my problem.

I wrote a piece of easy language program strategy but now I have a problem.

The TS is based on London breakout on (GBPUSD) first hour breakout after the opening of london session I take the range from 1am -8am and Trace the lower and the higher of this range. And I open a long trade at the breakout of this range long or short.

Now my questions are why:

My program don't trade every day but only sometimes there is a error in the code?

How can I set a stop loss a the lower of the range for the long and at the high for the short?

Cordially,

Nic

----------------------------------------------------------

var: current_bar(0);


If (current_bar = 8) then begin

If close > highest(High[1],8) then buy next bar at market ;

If close < Lowest(Low[1],8) then sellshort next bar at market;


end;

If (Date <> Date[1]) then
current_bar = 0;


If Barstatus(1) = 2 then
current_bar = current_bar + 1;


If Marketposition = -1 and time = 1700 then
Buytocover next bar at market;

If Marketposition = 1 and time = 1700 then
Sell next bar at market;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank for you help...


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643


Nic,

welcome to NexusFi. You only evaluate your entry conditions on the bar where "current_bar = 8" is true. For bars where current_bar is different than 8, the entry conditions are not checked.

Regards,

ABCTG


Follow me on X Reply With Quote




Last Updated on March 5, 2018


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts