NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Micro E-mini Madness (1% per day)

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one sstheo with 50 posts (169 thanks)
    2. looks_two Skid with 9 posts (25 thanks)
    3. looks_3 pilotui with 6 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobarian with 4 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two sstheo with 3.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Skid with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 pilotui with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 18,053 views
    2. thumb_up 266 thanks given
    3. group 67 followers
    1. forum 105 posts
    2. attach_file 22 attachments

Search this Thread
Doc519
Phoenix, AZ

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 3

TickTick View Post
What are you using to track this? Excel? Or a program? Looks good!

that looks like excel to me. you can have it make a graph and put it in your spreadsheet pretty easily. left column is his final balance and bottom is just number of days. you can do a lot more complex graphing and calculating in excel if you know how or care to learn.

sstheo 
Holladay, Utah, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: MES, MYM, MNQ, M2K
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 198
Thanks Received: 1,490

TickTick View Post
What are you using to track this? Excel? Or a program? Looks good!

Just Excel, yes.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

ZachC 
Pennsylvania

Platform: TradeStation
Broker: Tradestation
Trading: Micro ES and Micro YM
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 11

This is a great idea! You have inspired me during a time when I was getting a little discouraged with my trading ability. You have my vote.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

sstheo 
Holladay, Utah, USA

ZachC View Post
This is a great idea! You have inspired me during a time when I was getting a little discouraged with my trading ability. You have my vote.

I have come across many discouraged traders over the years. I hope this journal will encourage them to try again with LESS RISK. I think "trading scared" is a much bigger factor in (poor) trading performance than most people realize. I have noticed a very BIG change in my attitude, and especially my willingness to take losses. Until you can take a loss like a champ and honestly say "It's just part of the game" like when you play blackjack or hi-lo or even baseball (best hitters strike out 6 of 10 times!!!) then you are trading TOO BIG.

One Micro E-Mini on a $1000 account is like one ES contract on a $10,000 account. It has been very helpful to think of things this way.

But you still have to honor all your rules.

I still have to fight the temptation to "load up" on contracts when my confidence is high. I am still often wrong, and I need to be improving as I go. This account is NOT the end goal! I need to get it to $5k and then I will try the NQ and YM again.

Success to you in your journey!

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

Skid View Post
My cost to trade the micros round trip is 1.89 so I need 4 ticks just to break even and this is with having the life time licence. If I trade the minis its 3.66 but one tick covers this as one tick is 5 dollars. So you do get a better deal with
trading the minis.
4 ticks in the micros. Profit = .11 cents.
1 tick in the minis Profit = 1.34

So for me to make 10 dollars I would need a 24 tick run in the micro, but in the mini I only need 3 ticks and would
still make more than the micro making 24 ticks. So for me I'm trading the micros just till I get confident to switch
to the minis. They are fun, your doing live trading, and you don't blowup an account real fast.

I guess you may have sort this out but,
IB is 0.94 round trip for 1 micro

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,756

sstheo View Post
I have come across many discouraged traders over the years. I hope this journal will encourage them to try again with LESS RISK. I think "trading scared" is a much bigger factor in (poor) trading performance than most people realize. I have noticed a very BIG change in my attitude, and especially my willingness to take losses. Until you can take a loss like a champ and honestly say "It's just part of the game" like when you play blackjack or hi-lo or even baseball (best hitters strike out 6 of 10 times!!!) then you are trading TOO BIG.

One Micro E-Mini on a $1000 account is like one ES contract on a $10,000 account. It has been very helpful to think of things this way.

I still have to fight the temptation to "load up" on contracts when my confidence is high. I am still often wrong, and I need to be improving as I go. This account is NOT the end goal! I need to get it to $5k and then I will try the NQ and YM again.

Great post buddy.. thanks.

Thanked by:
Ozquant
Brisbane Queensland Australia

Thanks Given: 167
Thanks Received: 380

Its doable but far from easy . This is asx 200 which moves similar to SPX .Drawdown is the enemy . Decade to get here

Thanked by:

sstheo 
Holladay, Utah, USA

Ozquant View Post
Its doable but far from easy . This is asx 200 which moves similar to SPX .Drawdown is the enemy . Decade to get here

Is that decade paying off?

ZachC 
Pennsylvania

Platform: TradeStation
Broker: Tradestation
Trading: Micro ES and Micro YM
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 11

sstheo View Post

No doubt, update after todays trading I hit a 5% return by sticking to my rules for the first time in I don't know how long. First positive day in weeks tbh. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Thanked by:

sstheo 
Holladay, Utah, USA

ZachC View Post
No doubt, update after todays trading I hit a 5% return by sticking to my rules for the first time in I don't know how long. First positive day in weeks tbh. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Way to go! Following the rules allows you to trade "emotion-less" (not "emotion-free"!!) I hope you can keep it up. The 5% is not sustainable long term, but following your rules can be.

Last Updated on April 7, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts