NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Average True Range in Kase Bars


Discussion in TradeStation

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,784 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
madeinnyc
Highland Park, TX
 
Posts: 36 since Jan 2020
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 20

I've been using a 1 Minute 10 Day Candlestick chart on the NQ with Average True Range set to: 10,10. I've been using the output value for ATR to plug into as Target Range using a 1 Tick interval on a separate Kase Bar chart. However, given the nature of the NQ, the ATR on the 1 minute constantly fluctuations from single digits to double! I've been curious to know if there's a way where ATR output from the 1 minute can automatically update the Target Range on the Kase chart? If I'm approaching this the wrong way or if ya'll have figured out a better way to handle this, I certainly welcome the feedback and support. Thanks!


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
  #2 (permalink)
 
vmodus's Avatar
 vmodus 
Somewhere, Delaware, USA
Legendary Systematic Algo Trader
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Barchart.com
Trading: Everything, it all tastes like chicken
Posts: 1,270 since Feb 2017
Thanks Given: 2,960
Thanks Received: 2,856


madeinnyc View Post
I've been using a 1 Minute 10 Day Candlestick chart on the NQ with Average True Range set to: 10,10. I've been using the output value for ATR to plug into as Target Range using a 1 Tick interval on a separate Kase Bar chart. However, given the nature of the NQ, the ATR on the 1 minute constantly fluctuations from single digits to double! I've been curious to know if there's a way where ATR output from the 1 minute can automatically update the Target Range on the Kase chart? If I'm approaching this the wrong way or if ya'll have figured out a better way to handle this, I certainly welcome the feedback and support. Thanks!

I do not believe this is possible, at least not easily. This is would be, essentially, a custom chart type.

You could perhaps code an indicator in TradeStation and apply it to a tick chart, but then you would lose the 1 minute resolution.

~vmodus


~vmodus

Enjoy everything!
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote




Last Updated on July 18, 2020


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts