NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Historical option expirations


Discussion in Brokers

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,292 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 Eubie 
Prague, Czech republic
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader/ZF
Trading: ES, TF
Posts: 169 since Jul 2010
Thanks Given: 393
Thanks Received: 134

I am a new IQFeed API user and using the API is it possible to request a definition (underlying, expiry, strike) of option chains that are traded today. However, it is not possible to ask for option chains historically, i.e. I cannot ask for a list of options that we being traded a year ago for MSFT.

Is it possible to obtain data about expiries and strikes of futures/equity options that have already expired? Googling left me empty-handed. Thanks in advance.


Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 sg72 
Orange County, CA, USA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Fidelity ATP
Trading: ES/NQ/RTY, Equity ETFs, Options
Posts: 66 since Sep 2018
Thanks Given: 45
Thanks Received: 53

I'm not familiar with IQFeed, but I know you can buy historical end of day option data online in csv/zip format. I'm subscribed to one such service. They have extensive historical data (including IV and Greeks per option) that they sell for pretty reasonable prices.

Not sure if it's appropriate to list a link in this forum so I will refrain from doing so. But if you're interested, you can DM me and I'll share with you the vendor I buy my EOD options data from.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on November 29, 2020


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts