NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Relative Volume Coding


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 4,516 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
hdlm
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
 
Posts: 2 since Jul 2021
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi, guys!

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to code the Relative Volume in Easylanguage. The RVol is a real time indicator and changes its value every minute (I'm using 1 min chart). Going straight to the point, here's what I'm trying to do:

1) Calculate the accumulated volume from the beginning of the session until "now". Let's say the session starts at 10:00 and it's now 11:35. The first step would be to accumulate the total volume traded today (quantity, no financial) from 10:00 to 11:35. This I managed to do:
 
Code
  
vAcum := QuantityVol(false);
if (Date = Date[1]) then
  vAcum :=  vAcum + vAcum[1];
Lets say the value I get is 109

2) This is where things get tricky. I need to calculate the average value of the variable above for previous sessions (from beginning of session until "now"). Let's say I want the average of 5 previous sessions. Example:
  • Day -1: accumulated volume from 10:00 to 11:35 = 150
  • Day -2: accumulated volume from 10:00 to 11:35 = 73
  • Day -3: accumulated volume from 10:00 to 11:35 = 85
  • Day -4: accumulated volume from 10:00 to 11:35 = 94
  • Day -5: accumulated volume from 10:00 to 11:35 = 113
Average = 103

3) Calculate the ration between (1) and (2). In other words: 109/103 = 1.058 which is my Rvol.

I'm using a really simple Easylanguage software here in Brazil, so complex formulas and scripts are not able to be used (yeah, that's ridiculous!).

Thanks a lot!


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
juan
Madrid, Espaņa
 
Posts: 3 since Jan 2011
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

I can't quite understand what part he can't do


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
hdlm
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
 
Posts: 2 since Jul 2021
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0



juan View Post
I can't quite understand what part he can't do

I'm having a problem trying to get the same bar as of "today" from previous day.

Eg: Right now I'm on bar #5 of the day. I need to get the value of the indicator of the bar #5 from the previous N days.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on July 18, 2021


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts