NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





IntraBarOrderGeneration vs IntraBarPersist


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,516 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




Closed Thread
 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
Sinatra Fan's Avatar
 Sinatra Fan 
Orlando FL
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts, Ninja
Trading: Emini ES
Posts: 101 since May 2019
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 12

Please help me understand some things regarding tick by tick analysis:

So, if I'm putting together a strategy and I want to analyze certain tests on a tick by tick basis but others at the end of each bar, according to the reserve word reference, I need to declare a variable with "INTRABARPERSIST" as it states:

Used in variable and array declaration statements, before a variable or array name, to specify that the value of the variable or array elements are to be updated on every tick.

If IntraBarPersist is not specified, the value will be updated at the close of each bar.


Question: Do I need to first use the RW "IntraBarOrderGeneration = True;" for the strategy to perform tests on a tick by tick basis or is it good enough to use the IntraBarPersist declaration?


Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
  #2 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643

Sinatra Fan,

yes, you need to set the IntraBarOrderGeneration attribute to true if the strategy should be capable of being processed tick by tick. Just using intrabarpersist variables in your code alone will not affect that.

I would however suggest testing this for yourself using simple code and print statements as this will usually improve the understanding of how things work (including variables that are declared intrabarpersist and those that are not in a code with and without IntraBarOrderGeneration = true).

Regards,

ABCTG


Sinatra Fan View Post
Please help me understand some things regarding tick by tick analysis:

So, if I'm putting together a strategy and I want to analyze certain tests on a tick by tick basis but others at the end of each bar, according to the reserve word reference, I need to declare a variable with "INTRABARPERSIST" as it states:

Used in variable and array declaration statements, before a variable or array name, to specify that the value of the variable or array elements are to be updated on every tick.

If IntraBarPersist is not specified, the value will be updated at the close of each bar.


Question: Do I need to first use the RW "IntraBarOrderGeneration = True;" for the strategy to perform tests on a tick by tick basis or is it good enough to use the IntraBarPersist declaration?


Follow me on X
  #3 (permalink)
 
bobwest's Avatar
 bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Posts: 8,175 since Jan 2013
Thanks Given: 58,026
Thanks Received: 26,426



Sinatra Fan View Post
Please help me understand some things regarding tick by tick analysis:

So, if I'm putting together a strategy and I want to analyze certain tests on a tick by tick basis but others at the end of each bar, according to the reserve word reference, I need to declare a variable with "INTRABARPERSIST" as it states:

Used in variable and array declaration statements, before a variable or array name, to specify that the value of the variable or array elements are to be updated on every tick.

If IntraBarPersist is not specified, the value will be updated at the close of each bar.


Question: Do I need to first use the RW "IntraBarOrderGeneration = True;" for the strategy to perform tests on a tick by tick basis or is it good enough to use the IntraBarPersist declaration?

Hi @Sinatra Fan,

This thread is close enough to a duplicate of your earlier thread, at least regarding the INTRABARPERSIST reserved word that I am closing it, to prevent splitting the topic. If you need to continue this discussions, please use that thread.

Anyone interested in the subject of this thread should refer to this earlier one for a fuller discussion:



Bob.


When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

Closed Thread



Last Updated on September 14, 2021


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts