NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





How many contracts are you guys daytrading NQ/ES


Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,518 views
    2. thumb_up 5 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 markmenard 
Edmonton Alberta Canada
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Posts: 10 since May 2014
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 6

Hey guys.
Hopefully not touching on a personal topic.
But, just wondering how many contracts are you guys daytrading per trade?
Which one do you prefer trading, NQ or ES ?
Personally I do 2 to 4 at a time, which I find is within my comfort zone.
I prefer ES over NQ.


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
  #2 (permalink)
sloth
Denver, CO
 
Posts: 23 since May 2021
Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 63

Hi Mark,

Not to be a jerk but why is this a question that you have? You might as well be getting out the ruler. How many contracts I trade has no bearing on what's appropriate for you or somebody else.

Comfort level is one thing. Money management is another. If I keep 500k in my trading account and I risk 1% per trade that's 5k. That's a 10 lot in the NQ. For a newbie or a losing trader - they might have (hopefully) a small account of a few thousand dollars and probably should be trading 1-2 lots in the micros.

But, how big I trade or the next person trades has zero baring on what you personally should be doing. That's based purely on your account equity and your objectives for said account - not to mention comfort level.

This might sound cliché but if you have to ask - you probably should be trading smaller.


-Sloth


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 striveforwisdom 
Washington D.C., United States of America
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: CL, MCL
Posts: 21 since Apr 2021
Thanks Given: 42
Thanks Received: 31


I don't think it's that personal of a question.

On NQ, I trade 1-3 contracts. On ES, 1-5. On CL, 1 contract.

I prefer to trade NQ and CL. I'll trade ES if there is a good setup but sometimes it is too stop hungry for me.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on June 6, 2022


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts