NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Need to do anything for IB closeout


Discussion in Commodities

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,077 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
henry86401
Hong Kong China
 
Posts: 3 since May 2022
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4

Hi,

I have some July Copper futures contracts short positions (N contracts) that are completely offset by short positions in their put positions (same number of deep in the money contracts). They numerically cancel out, but IB keeps sending me this bulletin about "positions are subject to automated liquidation" and I should follow their IBKR closeout schedule.

Do I need to do anything in this case? Or I can just wait for the to cancel out next Monday.

Thanks!


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
RTH vs ETH: when your chart and Volume Profile trading h …
NinjaTrader
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Is Volume Profile worth learning or is it an outdated co …
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 3,740 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 1,918
Thanks Received: 7,489


henry86401 View Post
Hi,

I have some July Copper futures contracts short positions (N contracts) that are completely offset by short positions in their put positions (same number of deep in the money contracts). They numerically cancel out, but IB keeps sending me this bulletin about "positions are subject to automated liquidation" and I should follow their IBKR closeout schedule.

Do I need to do anything in this case? Or I can just wait for the to cancel out next Monday.

Thanks!


I would call them and get direction. They might otherwise do something that makes sense to them, but not to you. Most brokers will close out positions as notice day / last trading day approaches. I would not assume they realize your puts offset the futures.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on June 24, 2022


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts