NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





EasyLanguage to Thinkscript


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,305 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
DeanW
Phoenix, Arizona
 
Posts: 1 since Jan 2023
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

This is a shot in the dark, but I will ask anyway: I have a friend that gave me this strategy but it is in Easylanguage and he has no idea how to write it in Thinkscript. It seems to be a fairly simply strategy, but I have no experience with this sort of stuff. I would really appreciate any help.

input: length1(20),length2(3); //StopL(500),Proft(1000);

if close<close[200] and close>close[length1] and close<close[length2] and close>open then buy next bar at market;

if close>close[200] and close<close[length1] and close>close[length2] and close<open then sellshort next bar at market;

if barssinceentry>10 then Begin
sell next bar at market;
buytocover next bar at market;
end;

//SetStopLoss(StopL);
//SetProfitTarget(Proft);


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 3,740 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 1,918
Thanks Received: 7,489


DeanW View Post
This is a shot in the dark, but I will ask anyway: I have a friend that gave me this strategy but it is in Easylanguage and he has no idea how to write it in Thinkscript. It seems to be a fairly simply strategy, but I have no experience with this sort of stuff. I would really appreciate any help.

input: length1(20),length2(3); //StopL(500),Proft(1000);

if close<close[200] and close>close[length1] and close<close[length2] and close>open then buy next bar at market;

if close>close[200] and close<close[length1] and close>close[length2] and close<open then sellshort next bar at market;

if barssinceentry>10 then Begin
sell next bar at market;
buytocover next bar at market;
end;

//SetStopLoss(StopL);
//SetProfitTarget(Proft);


That is a strategy I gave away at a webinar a week or two ago. It works well for Crude Oil. I'd give you the Thinkscript if I had it, but I do not program in that language.

Here is what the strategy produces:


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on January 21, 2023


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts