NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





macroeconomic events easylanguage


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,495 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 7 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
OMEGAA
milan italy
 
Posts: 10 since Nov 2022
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

I'm working on TS with EasyLanguage. Is it possible to write code in EasyLanguage to identify macroeconomic events or somehow explain them to avoid them? Thank you.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 3,740 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 1,918
Thanks Received: 7,489

If you knew the dates and times, you could exclude those periods from trading.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
OMEGAA
milan italy
 
Posts: 10 since Nov 2022
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0


The problem is that I perform a 10-year backtest and I wouldn't be able to input all of them. Are there any other solutions? thank you


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 3,740 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 1,918
Thanks Received: 7,489


OMEGAA View Post
The problem is that I perform a 10-year backtest and I wouldn't be able to input all of them. Are there any other solutions? thank you

Why not?


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
OMEGAA
milan italy
 
Posts: 10 since Nov 2022
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Important macroeconomic events occur approximately 60 times per year, totaling around 600 events over a span of 10 years. That's why I was asking if there was another way.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 3,740 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 1,918
Thanks Received: 7,489


OMEGAA View Post
Important macroeconomic events occur approximately 60 times per year, totaling around 600 events over a span of 10 years. That's why I was asking if there was another way.

So having 600 lines of code, created one time and then good for all future testing, is too much?

If date=1070103 and time=800 then CANTRADE=FALSE;


I would look at this another way. Sure it will take some time to put this together. Most people would not even bother because it is too much upfront effort.

But many times the best thing to do is to pursue the path that most people bypass - because it is too hard.


I once compiled by hand a 15 year history of when US Congress & Senate was in session. No other trader I knew had this. It was a lot of work, but it was worth it in the end $$.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #7 (permalink)
OMEGAA
milan italy
 
Posts: 10 since Nov 2022
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

I understand that it needs to be done if there are no other solutions, but it would have saved time since I have to do it for multiple currency pairs and each one has different dates. Thank you for your help. $$


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 3,740 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 1,918
Thanks Received: 7,489


OMEGAA View Post
I understand that it needs to be done if there are no other solutions, but it would have saved time since I have to do it for multiple currency pairs and each one has different dates. Thank you for your help. $$

I would post on Tradestation's forum, maybe someone has already done this and you can use it. Good Luck!


Follow me on X Reply With Quote




Last Updated on July 7, 2023


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts