NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

After stepping away from forex and embarking in futures I find myself tape reading

Discussion in Commodities

Updated
    1. trending_up 184 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread
 Spottrader 
springfield, US

I don't know what to make of it. Spent a long time trading retail forex and watched the markets change drastically in the last ten years. So now getting my feet wet in futures and I find myself back full circle to my equity days as a stock broker sitting at the desk staring at the tape for six hours......

I find this ironic.

I guess I should take it as a grain of salt cause scalping is what helps you stay in the game and is the life blood of your account away from longer momentum and trend plays.

Anyone else through this?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC Advanced Simulated Trading.
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Elite Trader Funding, Avoid?
Trading Reviews and Vendors
What You Know vs How much you know about it
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
93 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
76 thanks
Winning attitudes create winning traders
39 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
32 thanks
Topstep experience and review
28 thanks
 tr8d3r 
Sydney+Australia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader + daytradr
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 92
Thanks Received: 134

Never touched Forex market because of the un-centralised nature of it.
When I read the Tape reading book, I can't remember who was the author may be Livermore, I got hooked. Another member of this forum is the great DOM reader he also added fuel to the fire. So since then I've been on the mission to make it work.

So I've been staring at the DOM for last 14 years on and off. All I can say I am an addict DOM reader.

In my humble opinion you should grasp it in about 6-12 months. You should see the trades. With a current market volatility 5-10 ticks is can be easily done.

The hardest thing I found is being discipline. What I mean by that is seating and waiting for what you need to see. All this years I've been dealing with a demon in my head that knows how to push the buttons to make me go off. This is why I am still a beginner.

I am keen to hear what exactly you do.

This is examples of my trades that I took based on DOM. What's funny with a stat's like this I still blowing up accounts when DEMON takes over.
This is not to show or anything. This is to relate to your other post where you mentioning that algo's taking your stop order. All you need to do is to understand when to get in and be a discipline about it. The longer you watch it the easier it becomes.

Let me also recommend you to watch the "NAV - the bedroom trader who outsmarted the Wall street".

He figured it how to read the DOM and took the algo's to his advantage's. Something to thing about right ?

Day1

My thought is You got to LOVE IT and enjoy the journey.

casey44 
Louisville KY

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT8
Trading: micros
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,067
Thanks Received: 316

Spottrader View Post
I don't know what to make of it. Spent a long time trading retail forex and watched the markets change drastically in the last ten years. So now getting my feet wet in futures and I find myself back full circle to my equity days as a stock broker sitting at the desk staring at the tape for six hours......

I find this ironic.

I guess I should take it as a grain of salt cause scalping is what helps you stay in the game and is the life blood of your account away from longer momentum and trend plays.

Anyone else through this?

misc... Jigsaw youtube videos. Gary Norden has some talks about OF. Jigsaw used to offer a money back trial period, don't know if they still do or not.
PriceSquawk uses sound effects for certain OF movements. 'Fat Cat' has youtube videos about tick drills.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on June 9, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts