NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

1 Minute Man

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one 1 Minute Man with 137 posts (204 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 deaddog with 3 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cmtrader99 with 2 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cmtrader99 with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 deaddog with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 1 Minute Man with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 4,808 views
    2. thumb_up 229 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 150 posts
    2. attach_file 120 attachments

Search this Thread
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

Thanks Given: 112
Thanks Received: 217

Hello I am starting a trading journal in a public forum, because of accountability and consistency. I have been a full-time day trader for the last 6 years and I have tried every short-cut possible. I spent a good 3 years searching for the "holy grail" ya know the 10 to 1 Reward risk that is right 95% of the time that I can trade from a beach. I did not find it but I did fund a lot of indicator and software salesmen accounts looking for it. After that I accepted trading full-time is going to be much harder than you tube and trading books made it out to be and cultivating a edge in markets in my opinion also means cultivating a edge within myself. I began to accept the reality that discipline, structure and routine are the cornerstones of being a independent full-time trader.
Starting this journal on June 1st is exciting for a lot of reasons for me, one being that yesterday was my last day ever consuming alcohol. It feeds into the discipline aspect. I want to create this journal as a living document that I use as daily tracker of my trading growth. I fundamentally believe that trading growth and personal growth go hand in hand.
Trading Style:
I exclusively trade U.S. Index futures on a 1-Minute chart. I do not use Technical Indicators in my trading as I have found them to only create hesitation and over confidence simultaneously 😂.
Two things I plot on my chart daily is the open and prior close as horizontal line.
My Trading Account Starts and Ends every day completely flat. I never carry overnight risk.
I will post all of my trades starting 6/3/24 with corresponding chart and data.
I trade the New York session 09:30 AM est- 4:00 PM est.

I Have provided a photo of what my chart looks like.
I am looking forward to the daily accountability and consistency of this live journal.

Happy Trading!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Minute Chart.png
Views:	69
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	339890  

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Has anyone taken The Confident Trader course from aheadc …
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Forcing plots to disappear/reappear?
NinjaTrader
Elite Trader Funding, Avoid?
Trading Reviews and Vendors

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
93 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
76 thanks
Winning attitudes create winning traders
39 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
32 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
28 thanks

JMAL 
Houston Texas

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader 7
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, MES
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 155

1 Minute Man View Post
Hello I am starting a trading journal in a public forum, because of accountability and consistency. I have been a full-time day trader for the last 6 years and I have tried every short-cut possible. I spent a good 3 years searching for the "holy grail" ya know the 10 to 1 Reward risk that is right 95% of the time that I can trade from a beach. I did not find it but I did fund a lot of indicator and software salesmen accounts looking for it. After that I accepted trading full-time is going to be much harder than you tube and trading books made it out to be and cultivating a edge in markets in my opinion also means cultivating a edge within myself. I began to accept the reality that discipline, structure and routine are the cornerstones of being a independent full-time trader.
Starting this journal on June 1st is exciting for a lot of reasons for me, one being that yesterday was my last day ever consuming alcohol. It feeds into the discipline aspect. I want to create this journal as a living document that I use as daily tracker of my trading growth. I fundamentally believe that trading growth and personal growth go hand in hand.
Trading Style:
I exclusively trade Nasdaq Index futures on a 1-Minute chart. I do not use Technical Indicators in my trading as I have found them to only create hesitation and over confidence simultaneously 😂.
Two things I plot on my chart daily is the open and prior close as horizontal line.
My Trading Account Starts and Ends every day completely flat. I never carry overnight risk.
I will post all of my trades starting 6/3/24 with corresponding chart and data.
I trade the New York session 09:30 AM est- 4:00 PM est.

I Have provided a photo of what my chart looks like.
I am looking forward to the daily accountability and consistency of this live journal.

Happy Trading!

Minute Man I just finished with Mays journal challenge and I can say if you keep with it, be honest as to what you are posting, wins and losses, leave your pride at the door, this will help with your trading. For me later in the month at the EOD I started studying both my wins and losses for the day. That was an eye opener, even my wins didn’t point to a good trade, as far a# my plan was concerned. Study the price action, make a plan and best you can stick with it. For what it is worth, I stopped drinking last November and that was easier to do than following and sticking to your trading plan. Sticking with this journal, I think will help. Good luck!

Follow your Plan
Thanked by:
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

JMAL View Post
Minute Man I just finished with Mays journal challenge and I can say if you keep with it, be honest as to what you are posting, wins and losses, leave your pride at the door, this will help with your trading. For me later in the month at the EOD I started studying both my wins and losses for the day. That was an eye opener, even my wins didn’t point to a good trade, as far a# my plan was concerned. Study the price action, make a plan and best you can stick with it. For what it is worth, I stopped drinking last November and that was easier to do than following and sticking to your trading plan. Sticking with this journal, I think will help. Good luck!

Thanks so much! Yes I'll be posting my trades daily after close! Appreciate it! Cheers on the quitting drinking too!

Thanked by:

deaddog 
Prince George BC Canada
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: National Bank Direct
Broker: NBD/BMO/Questrade
Trading: Stocks
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 260
Thanks Received: 4,222

1 Minute Man View Post
Hello I am starting a trading journal in a public forum, because of accountability and consistency.

Happy Trading!

The best way to achieve accountability is to post your trades as they happen, along with your plan to manage the trade.
I realise that this is difficult to do while day trading but posting trades at the end of the day or even after the trade gives you the time to rationalize the moves you made.

If it's accountability you are after, a here's what I'm going to do type of journal is the best way to achieve that.

"The days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days" RW Hubbard
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

deaddog View Post
The best way to achieve accountability is to post your trades as they happen, along with your plan to manage the trade.

I realise that this is difficult to do while day trading but posting trades at the end of the day or even after the trade gives you the time to rationalize the moves you made.

If it's accountability you are after, a here's what I'm going to do type of journal is the best way to achieve that.

I'll do that!

blackgrey45 
Marco Island, FL
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP Global
Trading: MCL MES
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 892
Thanks Received: 944

Thanks for posting and starting a journal! I look forward to reading it. Your opening post had a key point that reminded me for myself that trading is hard and there is no easy short cut. Usually when I try to take an easy way out like overleverage to make a quick "easy" profit, well 90% of the time things go wrong and I make a complete mess. I appreciate that reminder.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

Yesterdays Trading was a bit choppy had a couple winners turn into losers holding to long. But followed my risk rules. I was more focus on passing my top step valuation yesterday which I did. Today should be a more focused effort on my part.
End of Day June 3

Preformance June 3

Thanked by:
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

First Trade of Day
1 Minute Breakout
Long 18659
Stop 18626
Trade 1 June 4

Thanked by:
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

Trade 1 Closed Loss
-34 Points
1 Minute Breakout Failed

Thanked by:
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

Trade 1 Closed Loss

Last Updated on June 20, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts