NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review

Discussion in Funded Trading Evaluation Firms

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one VirtualMark with 114 posts (96 thanks)
    2. looks_two planetkill with 42 posts (36 thanks)
    3. looks_3 jlabtrades with 39 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 phantomtrader with 36 posts (29 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 4.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Howard Roark with 3.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Baudo with 2.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 VirtualMark with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 182,786 views
    2. thumb_up 874 thanks given
    3. group 99 followers
    1. forum 588 posts
    2. attach_file 26 attachments

Search this Thread

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,887
Thanks Received: 18,525

VirtualMark View Post
The order flow of a small group of semi professional traders in a simulated market, vs the real order flow of the live market with smart money placing hundreds of contracts at a time. I'm just not entirely convinced that the data of a few people guessing would be of that much use.

Polls are usually somewhat accurate when done well, within a few percentage points, and they poll a tiny, tiny fraction of the population. The question is whether a thousand or so traders represents the market well enough as a whole to be a proxy. I'd argue, hands down, yes. But as you say, I don't know.

VirtualMark View Post
Well, this is pure speculation, yet you're sounding as if you know the inner workings of their business.

mariafp View Post
How do you know this, Josh? ... how do you know that it is actually "critical"?

From https://intercom.help/topstep-llc/en/articles/8284216-express-funded-account-live-funded-account-faq-s:

It's a bit more than speculation to say they use sim trade flow information, TST states it here. I should not have said "critical", and I should have prefaced it with "my opinion is that." It's not a fact I know, and I don't know anything really.

Tymbeline 
Leeds UK
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: MES, MNQ
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 2,422
Thanks Received: 1,072

bobwest View Post
I don't have more than that.

Nor do I (in fact I didn't have as much as that).

My guess (unevidenced, and I may be mistaken) is that at least some of these firms, who are sometimes paying out on the basis of sim accounts, may well offset their own net liabilities in an underlying market.

This seems logical to me, as they're in an essentially very similar position to the forex counterparty market-makers who are pretending to be brokers, and I know (informally) through both industry and regulator contacts that the better-regulated spot forex CFD "brokers" routinely do this - and so, I believe, do the FCA-regulated spreadbetting firms in the UK.

Thanked by:
 planetkill 
New York City + NY/United States

Thanks Given: 129
Thanks Received: 349

Tymbeline View Post
Nor do I (in fact I didn't have as much as that).

My guess (unevidenced, and I may be mistaken) is that at least some of these firms, who are sometimes paying out on the basis of sim accounts, may well offset their own net liabilities in an underlying market.

Time is how they offset liabilities. Apex wouldn't need the new rules if they got rid of the 1 day pass.

Thanked by:
 jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader / Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: Futures / 0dte
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 101
Thanks Received: 129

Tymbeline View Post
That's a white-label version of TradingView, isn't it? Maybe not quite so "lousy"?

No it’s not. I made a post about it here if you want to read more.

It’s a white label product from Sim2Funded, which itself is a custom web app with licensed TradingView “basic” charts, and a custom DOM and order execution through plus 500. Difference being it doesnt have all the community TradingView plugins, and the executions are usually pretty decent except for high volatility.

The on chart order management and order entry panels are also custom and internally made

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 VirtualMark 
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Both Tradovate and Rithmic accounts are broken on Apex at the moment. They have closed their         channel due to the huge influx of complaints, and for the past 2 days have been working to "rectify" the problem. Yet there's dozens and dozens of bad reviews on Trustpilot for the past few days saying their accounts weren't reset, that they were blocked from         for complaining etc.

My guess is that people are blowing up their accounts due to YOLO trading the 1 day to pass offer, then buying a ton more with the 90% discount. It's got to be putting a lot of strain on the system, there are people trading 20 accounts at a time, and it seems odd that Apex would have issues with both Rithmic, and Tradovate which uses CQG. Two entirely separate data feeds here, only thing in common is Apex.

The Rithmic problems have been going on for nearly 2 weeks now as far as I'm aware. The Tradovate issues have been intermittent for months, they rear their ugly head every few weeks and persist. I just don't understand how people can trade like this and defend this company?

For the record, a close friend of mine had issues on Monday, and literally couldn't close a trade. Their personal account was working fine, they also have an account with another prop firm and we tested it, again all fine. No issues at all. Just the Apex accounts acting all janky, running stops, not exiting trades, the drawdown wasn't updating either, and they couldn't add a second contract it just rejected the order.

The next day, some of their accounts got reset, others didn't. Yet they were copy trading, so all should have been treated the same. It's very strange that Apex seem to have all these problems on a weekly/monthly basis. They extended the 90% offer a few times due to the Rithmic issues, but what good is a cheap account if you can't trade it?

planetkill 

VirtualMark View Post
Both Tradovate and Rithmic accounts are broken on Apex at the moment. They have closed their         channel due to the huge influx of complaints, and for the past 2 days have been working to "rectify" the problem. Yet there's dozens and dozens of bad reviews on Trustpilot for the past few days saying their accounts weren't reset, that they were blocked from         for complaining etc.

My guess is that people are blowing up their accounts due to YOLO trading the 1 day to pass offer, then buying a ton more with the 90% discount. It's got to be putting a lot of strain on the system, there are people trading 20 accounts at a time, and it seems odd that Apex would have issues with both Rithmic, and Tradovate which uses CQG. Two entirely separate data feeds here, only thing in common is Apex.

The Rithmic problems have been going on for nearly 2 weeks now as far as I'm aware. The Tradovate issues have been intermittent for months, they rear their ugly head every few weeks and persist. I just don't understand how people can trade like this and defend this company?

For the record, a close friend of mine had issues on Monday, and literally couldn't close a trade. Their personal account was working fine, they also have an account with another prop firm and we tested it, again all fine. No issues at all. Just the Apex accounts acting all janky, running stops, not exiting trades, the drawdown wasn't updating either, and they couldn't add a second contract it just rejected the order.

The next day, some of their accounts got reset, others didn't. Yet they were copy trading, so all should have been treated the same. It's very strange that Apex seem to have all these problems on a weekly/monthly basis. They extended the 90% offer a few times due to the Rithmic issues, but what good is a cheap account if you can't trade it?

In the         Darrell said they are reversing all losing trades from Sunday to now so they are making it right.

Thanked by:
 VirtualMark 

planetkill View Post
In the         Darrell said they are reversing all losing trades from Sunday to now so they are making it right.

Lets hope so, my friend still doesn't have their account reset yet.         is still closed so nobody else can complain. It's been 2 days, I doubt they'll move people's subscription dates along to compensate for this.

planetkill 

VirtualMark View Post
Lets hope so, my friend still doesn't have their account reset yet.         is still closed so nobody else can complain. It's been 2 days, I doubt they'll move people's subscription dates along to compensate for this.

What makes you doubt it? Why wouldn't they because they've always made things right in the past

VirtualMark 

planetkill View Post
What makes you doubt it? Why wouldn't they because they've always made things right in the past

Sadly they haven't, I've seen it first hand. Sometimes they fix the accounts, other times you'll get the template email stating you signed a contract stating that platform issues are your responsibility and that no adjustments will be made on this occasion.

I think that when there's enough of an outcry they seem to fix things, but when there's less people affected they just sweep it under the rug.

planetkill 

VirtualMark View Post
Sadly they haven't, I've seen it first hand. Sometimes they fix the accounts, other times you'll get the template email stating you signed a contract stating that platform issues are your responsibility and that no adjustments will be made on this occasion.

I think that when there's enough of an outcry they seem to fix things, but when there's less people affected they just sweep it under the rug.

I don't think there's any brokerages in the world, including self funded NinjaTrader brokerage accounts that would reimburse if a person claimed their NinjaTrader froze

Last Updated on June 24, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Sitemap - Downloads - Top
no new posts